X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ok so as just said to westy you think itll guarantee our blunt strikeforce and midfielders all of a sudden will be filling there boots!
    Not filling their boots, but changing to a system like one of the above examples would certainly improve their chances ratio, given the aerial abilities of Smith, Sylla and Wheeler.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Did i put that? no i said as always have, we`re a few players short of a good team!
    I think we are more than a few players short, I don't rate many of them other than Smithies, Luongo and perhaps Freeman and he has cooled off, there are some ok players in the side but really if we had better players there would be inquiries from Premier sides! Maybe Luongo is being sold, that's why he wasn't in the squad?

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Wing back caused him to lose form and he was asked to play there by the manager

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Pinkie. A change of system will mean pawel for one create more than he is now so will result in more creativity in the final 3rd.
    Again theres no guarantees of that with his form, be it what caused him to lose it

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by knocker View Post
    Sounds like after months in denial you've finally realised that the squad is not very good. Now if you can admit that Holloway is totally useless there will be real progress.
    Did i put that? no i said as always have, we`re a few players short of a good team!

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Pinkie. A change of system will mean pawel for one create more than he is now so will result in more creativity in the final 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Just a few examples for you:

The following teams have all beaten us recently, and they all play with 4 at the back and NO wingbacks:

Preston 4-2-3-1
    mk dons 4-4-2
    leeds 4-2-3-1
    millwall 4-4-2
    forest 4-2-3-1
    villa 4-4-1-1
    derby 4-2-3-1
    Ok so as just said to westy you think itll guarantee our blunt strikeforce and midfielders all of a sudden will be filling there boots! we lack scorers simple as, even though our last league match both our strikers scored, so see how we go at burton

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    As said before we need a striker or two bringing in to sharpen things up, and we need our midfielders to be more ruthless, otherwise cant see alot changing unless some all of a sudden start finding scoring form!
    Sounds like after months in denial you've finally realised that the squad is not very good. Now if you can admit that Holloway is totally useless there will be real progress.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I give up f uck it keep playing system we don’t have players to make it work in Ollie we trust

Not actually that bothered about today, wanted to win but it’s not the end of the world. Will let you guys debate and try and educate why our manager is a significant part of what’s going wrong on pitch. Have a good evening chaps I’m going try reading but not posting
    Don't go, this debate is fun and you were actually there!

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Sorry westy but we`ve not got a super strong squad so i really dont think any great changes like you suggest will make a massive difference! but if i was manager id certainly play differently, but i love strike partnerships wingers etc, but the games changed to a possession game these days & all or alot of them think its the way forward, i dont at all westy
    Just a few counter-arguments for you:

The following teams have all beaten us recently, and they all play with 4 at the back, wingers and NO wingbacks:

Preston: 4-2-3-1
    MK Dons: 4-4-2
    Leeds: 4-2-3-1
    Millwall: 4-4-2
    Forest: 4-2-3-1
    Villa: 4-4-1-1
    Derby: 4-2-3-1

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    I give up f uck it keep playing system we don’t have players to make it work in Ollie we trust

Not actually that bothered about today, wanted to win but it’s not the end of the world. Will let you guys debate and try and educate why our manager is a significant part of what’s going wrong on pitch. Have a good evening chaps I’m going try reading but not posting

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    But what we’re doing is not working so why keep doing it why not try something else see if it improves. Please answer that?
    As said before we need a striker or two bringing in to sharpen things up, and we need our midfielders to be more ruthless, otherwise cant see alot changing unless some all of a sudden start finding scoring form!

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Pinkie. We do not have a strong squad as all the forwards are rank. Granted we have a few players of a decent standard but not a worldy amongst them.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Sorry westy but we`ve not got a super strong squad so i really dont think any great changes like you suggest will make a massive difference! but if i was manager id certainly play differently, but i love strike partnerships wingers etc, but the games changed to a possession game these days & all or alot of them think its the way forward, i dont at all westy
    But what we’re doing is not working so why keep doing it why not try something else see if it improves. Please answer that?

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    I didn't see the match today but it sounds like many of our losses, no touch in front of goal and at least one defensive blunder causing us to concede, that's not the system, as for player selection, I'm not sure what I would change, playing all youth is a fools game in this division IMHO!
    Fools game nail and head come to mind

Leave a comment:

Working...
X