In Memory of Ben Harrington 21st September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory of Ben Harrington 21st September 2012

I have spoke to Luke (Ben's Brother) and family, we have agreed to share a fundraiser for the family.

I had originally had booked a big function catering for up to 350 people charity event for Great Ormond Street Hospital on the 21st September. We have now agreed to incorporate the both and any tickets bought for Ben will go directly to his family to help at this awful time.

Ben would want us to celebrate his life and this will be a good opportunity to do so.

Low Country bar
    4 Fulham Street
    8pm-1am

21st September.

Tickets will be available week leading up to the Chelsea game or on the day of the Chelsea Game.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

There was a minute's applause for him on the LSA coach coming back last night from Manchester with everyone singing his name.

Moving stuff for a top bloke.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Nice touch from the lads and lasses on the LSA coach...Qpr family RIP Ben
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Pete, where will tickets be on sale?

Comment

i am in shock and very saddened to hear that Ben has so sadly passed away.Met him a few years ago and enjoyed his company and football banter when i saw him.The man was full of life,loved QPR and was very knowledgeable about football.He was a true QPR supporter...Rest in peace Ben.

Comment

Stood with Ben second half away wba.massive loss,Ben was true rangers.can I have a ticket ?
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I`m on holiday abroad on the 21st sept so cant be there.Is there anyway i can pay my respects via the club at HQ, Condolence book etc ?

Cheers, Hammer.

Comment

Just a quick update. Ben Harrington will coming back on Wednesday morning, If I hear anymore I will post.

Hammer, will find out if that is possible.

Will have tickets at the Chelsea game and week leading up to 21st September. I will try and get around to as many places as possible on that day.You can also buy on the night up until 9.30pm
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Just a quick update. Ben Harrington will coming back on Wednesday morning, If I hear anymore I will post.

Hammer, will find out if that is possible.

Will have tickets at the Chelsea game and week leading up to 21st September. I will try and get around to as many places as possible on that day.You can also buy on the night up until 9.30pm
                  Thanks for the update Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete.

Comment

Still really shocked by this news. Its not like myself and Ben were long time mates either, we got to know each other through WATRB and said hello and had a quick chat when we bumped into each other at QPR games. Came across as a really geniune fella and im gutted the poor guy is gone. Its a cruel cruel world.

Comment

i have put details on lsa mb..how much are tickets pete and is there a donation faciltity ( i have been asked). still hard to "grip" the news.

Comment

The tickets are £10. I did think of setting up dontation page but it seems to associate itself with things like cancer etc. If anyone can set up independently that would be a great idea, then provide a link??

Comment

pete can you pm me an address i can send on the money for two tickets. obviously did'nt know the chap as well as a lot on here-yourself included but having met him and speaking to him for a few years on here i think its the least i can do. won't be able to go to the night but i'm sure the tickets can be sold to someone who can. cheers-bush.
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                              pete can you pm me an address i can send on the money for two tickets. obviously did'nt know the chap as well as a lot on here-yourself included but having met him and speaking to him for a few years on here i think its the least i can do. won't be able to go to the night but i'm sure the tickets can be sold to someone who can. cheers-bush.
                              Fair play.

Comment

Working...
                              X