No announcement yet.

Tony Ingham Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His matchday program notes were always a good read. Sad news. RIP Tony and condolences to family.

Comment

Maybe wrong but I am sure Tony worked in the club shop (portacabin) and sold my dad my first QPR shirt and waterproof jacket. Just remember my Dad saying that Gentlemen has played more times for the R's than anybody else and him giving me a wink as he handed me the shirt. A genuine Legend !
      RIP and condolences to his family

Comment

RIP

Very sad news
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

RIP

Comment

RIP indeed Tony

Comment

RIP Tony Ingham.
              We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

In the early 90's I was due to go on a tour to Bosnia so I wrote to the club to try and blag a signed shirt. Tony Ingham phoned me up personally and invited me to the match before I deployed. I didn't really know what to expect but when I turned up he shook my hand and gave me and a mate Boardroom passes and seats in the director's box! Couldn't believe it!!! Obviously being the days before designer jeans and orange directors you had to wear a tie to get in. As I was in my 'Loft' attire he produced a tie (dodgy but done the job!) so I could get in. I was a bit of a QPR history geek at the time so I knew what a legend he was so to be honest I was a bit starstruck and didn't make the most of his company.
                A true gentleman and absolute QPR legend.. R.I.P. Tony Ingham

Comment

RIP
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    Legend is an over-used word when people talk about past QPR players.... but not in Tony Inghams case.
                    Yes, I agree.

There are very few genuine QPR legends, and Tony Ingham was one of these.

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

RIP

True gent to the end; I remember him calling me into his office when he was Club Secretary before I got offered tickets in the Patrons area box as it used to be called, close to Directors front row and he told me to observe the no swearing or chanting as it would cause offense to the Directors and their wives. Needless to say I was like a mouse in awe of my privileged position but he could never do enough for people around him. Highest respect and regard for his genuine passion for the Club wanting everybody's matchday experience to be the best it could....RIP very sad news.

Comment

rest in peace....
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I was very sorry to hear of Tony’s passing last Wednesday 21st April. As a schoolboy, I still remember seeing his very first game for QPR and his last versus Coventry in 1963, and most of the 553 matches in between.

Whilst it is true that most of those matches were at the second and third levels of the game, he was in many people’s eyes (certainly mine) the best left back playing in English football, and had he been playing for a so called more fashionable club he would have undoubtedly received international recognition.

When he was appointed the Commercial Director in 1981 he had under Jim Gregory’s Chairmanship already filled just about every possible job at QPR from coach to stand in Manager (he did that quite a few times, so things don’t change much in football do they) and it was soon after that, when I was a mere executive box holder that he asked me to help him on the marketing and sales side of the business, and I must say I was very proud to have been asked.

In later years when I joined the club full time and was myself appointed the Sales and Marketing Director, I will never forget the help, advice and friendship Tony gave me until he retired. Working for the great Jim Gregory was a daily experience ranging from a nightmare to absolute bliss and Tony was very good at letting me know what to expect each day, so when he popped his head around my office door and said “Keep your head down” I knew what to expect.

The club owe Tony and his family the greatest gratitude for their devotion down the years and ironically Tony’s wife Doreen passed away twenty years to the very day that Tony died, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to express my sincere sympathy to all the family.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by qprhoops View Post
                              I was very sorry to hear of Tony’s passing last Wednesday 21st April. As a schoolboy, I still remember seeing his very first game for QPR and his last versus Coventry in 1963, and most of the 553 matches in between.

Whilst it is true that most of those matches were at the second and third levels of the game, he was in many people’s eyes (certainly mine) the best left back playing in English football, and had he been playing for a so called more fashionable club he would have undoubtedly received international recognition.

When he was appointed the Commercial Director in 1981 he had under Jim Gregory’s Chairmanship already filled just about every possible job at QPR from coach to stand in Manager (he did that quite a few times, so things don’t change much in football do they) and it was soon after that, when I was a mere executive box holder that he asked me to help him on the marketing and sales side of the business, and I must say I was very proud to have been asked.

In later years when I joined the club full time and was myself appointed the Sales and Marketing Director, I will never forget the help, advice and friendship Tony gave me until he retired. Working for the great Jim Gregory was a daily experience ranging from a nightmare to absolute bliss and Tony was very good at letting me know what to expect each day, so when he popped his head around my office door and said “Keep your head down” I knew what to expect.

The club owe Tony and his family the greatest gratitude for their devotion down the years and ironically Tony’s wife Doreen passed away twenty years to the very day that Tony died, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to express my sincere sympathy to all the family.

RIP.

Cheers for that.
                              Sounds like a proper gentleman, and hope the club give him the send-off he deserves on sunday.

Nobody will ever pass his record, and some kind of permanent memorial would not be over the top for this man.
                              Ellerslie Road could/should be The Tony Ingham Stand.

RIP.
                              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Hope the club do a minute applause this Sunday
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X