Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Wilkins RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lovely Story from Nigel Quashie..
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-1-4718907/amp

    Comment


    • My own personal memory of Ray was at Gavin Peacocks testimonial.
      At that time in my life I was drinking heavily every day and had a huge beer belly to show for it as well.
      Asked Ray to sign the shirt I was wearing, and his comeback was.. Do ya want me to sign the match ball underneath as well!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        I'm glad he got to say his piece, even on the radio people have been phoning in and telling us their own story about Ray, normal people that he didn't even know and the homeless. Amazing man and wish their were more like him this world.

        Thank you for all the wonderful memories and I'm one of the lucky ones who got to see you play live.

        You'll be sadly missed.

        RIP Ray Wilkins

        Comment


        • Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          My own personal memory of Ray was at Gavin Peacocks testimonial.
          At that time in my life I was drinking heavily every day and had a huge beer belly to show for it as well.
          Asked Ray to sign the shirt I was wearing, and his comeback was.. Do ya want me to sign the match ball underneath as well!!
          Legend or not , it sounds a s hitty thing to say .
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

          Comment


          • A great send off all over the country. Respect.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              A great send off all over the country. Respect.
              Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....
                I don't suppose they intended to lose like that mate so hardly not showing respect is it. What about what Olly had to say about Ray. Plenty of respect there wasn't there?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....
                    Usually the home side organises this, as he never had any affiliation with Hull..... Expect us to do something appropriate next home match. As for not showing respect by being hammered
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                      Usually the home side organises this, as he never had any affiliation with Hull..... Expect us to do something appropriate next home match. As for not showing respect by being hammered
                      Already announced that we will be doing our own thing tomorrow Herts.

                      It's just a bit pathetic when there's already dozens and dozens of threads slagging the Club off that he has to do it on this thread as well.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

                      Comment


                      • https://youtu.be/hwcZbeQzTZM

                        Comment


                        • Very well observed applause prior to kickoff. Rays brothers and (I think) sister were in attendance.
                          That link I've posted above was the video package shown on the big screen, so do check it out if you couldn't make it last night.

                          Some nice words from Sinton at half time as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Norths View Post
                            Very well observed applause prior to kickoff. Rays brothers and (I think) sister were in attendance.
                            That link I've posted above was the video package shown on the big screen, so do check it out if you couldn't make it last night.

                            Some nice words from Sinton at half time as well.
                            Thanks Norths really brought a tear to my eye.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X