Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Wilkins RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i watched Daves youtube posts of Rays goals and i now feel at a loss ,,,,,,,,
    That team we had there was superb ,we were so lucky to to have seen Rangers in those days ...... RIP Ray i`ll remember you as our midfield crab ,with great affection
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

    Comment


    • RIP Ray. An absolute legend of the game and great human too

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        Superb mate

        I was privileged to be at Palace when he and Peter Reid played them off the park.

        This is really sad news.
        I was at that game mate. Didn't we win 3-0? Wasn't Rays debut was it??

        Comment


        • Not important obviously but it is typical how the media have virtually overlooked his time at QPR. Big player for us at a time when we were actually a decent top flight club.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            I was at that game mate. Didn't we win 3-0? Wasn't Rays debut was it??
            It certainly was. On a tangent, it's amazing how many of the '86 World Cup squad passed through Loftus Road


            Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Not important obviously but it is typical how the media have virtually overlooked his time at QPR. Big player for us at a time when we were actually a decent top flight club.
            It's to be expected though. He played for some of the biggest teams in the World (and yes I know that Chelsea weren't at the time but they are now) and had a proud England career. He's a legend to us but he was already a legend before he arrived and we were a footnote.

            Comment


            • Remember the game well. I was 13

              It was a foggy cold day and he was unreal. I was actually in the palace end with my mate and his dad who were palace fans. He said he’d never take me again and he kept his promise (thank Christ)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OldR View Post
                It's to be expected though. He played for some of the biggest teams in the World (and yes I know that Chelsea weren't at the time but they are now) and had a proud England career. He's a legend to us but he was already a legend before he arrived and we were a footnote.
                I know but it is typical how 13 games at PSG are talked about over 170 odd games and a stint as manager at QPR.

                Still, like I say it isn't important. We'll honour him as one of our own on Saturday and I'm guessing back at HQ on Tuesday.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Not important obviously but it is typical how the media have virtually overlooked his time at QPR. Big player for us at a time when we were actually a decent top flight club.
                  I said the exact same thing!

                  Honestly saddened by this. Like I said at beginning of thread, he was a massive part of my earliest memories of the club... Also just been looking at various clips of him in his playing days and I genuinely forgot how good he was. I mean he really was up there with the best.

                  Rip ray
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                  Comment


                  • Anyone hearing Talksport this morning? With the ex-soldier who rang in with the story about Ray giving him 20? Bloody hell.

                    Legend thrown around too often these days, he was a legend, regardless of who he played for and for how long.

                    Top bloke that any kid getting into the game now or in 20 years should know and have as a role model on professionalism.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      Anyone hearing Talksport this morning? With the ex-soldier who rang in with the story about Ray giving him 20? Bloody hell.

                      Legend thrown around too often these days, he was a legend, regardless of who he played for and for how long.

                      Top bloke that any kid getting into the game now or in 20 years should know and have as a role model on professionalism.
                      Heard it just now, Kevin Gallen posted it on Facebook. Not ashamed to admit that it brought a tear to my eye.

                      It's amazing how many stories like this are coming out about Ray. I knew he was a top fella, but I had no idea how many people he's gone out of his way to help over the years. Today's footballers could learn a lot by listening to some of the stories coming out of the woodwork about Wilkins today.
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 05-04-2018, 02:24 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Remembering Ray - The QPR Years

                        New Group on Facebook.

                        Thought it be a nice place to remember the great man and the service he gave to our club playing for a truly great QPR side of the 90's.

                        Hope this is ok to post on here.

                        Sorry Admin - Just seen that this page has already been set up - Please delete.
                        Last edited by JJB; 05-04-2018, 02:54 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                          Anyone hearing Talksport this morning? With the ex-soldier who rang in with the story about Ray giving him 20? Bloody hell.

                          Legend thrown around too often these days, he was a legend, regardless of who he played for and for how long.

                          Top bloke that any kid getting into the game now or in 20 years should know and have as a role model on professionalism.
                          Yes, heard that - did you also hear the poem one of the Talk Sport team wrote. Both left me with goosebumps and a tear in the eye
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Fond memory of Ray was the night game we stuffed Leeds Utd 4-1 at home. They were flying high in the league.

                            Ball came over into the paddock and Ray had come to receive it for the throw in. I just casually ambled over to the stray ball until Ray bellowed 'for f uck say son get your f ucking skates on will ya'

                            After the game I saw him in the old players bar above the club shop & he came straight over & said 'sorry about that young man we had them on the move you see' to be honest he could of given me a right hook & I'd still of been in awe of him.

                            Absolutely class act of a man.

                            Quality moment jimmy
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              Anyone hearing Talksport this morning? With the ex-soldier who rang in with the story about Ray giving him 20? Bloody hell.

                              Legend thrown around too often these days, he was a legend, regardless of who he played for and for how long.

                              Top bloke that any kid getting into the game now or in 20 years should know and have as a role model on professionalism.
                              Heard it this afternoon. Lump in the throat kinda story not ashamed to say

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                                Remember the game well. I was 13

                                It was a foggy cold day and he was unreal. I was actually in the palace end with my mate and his dad who were palace fans. He said hed never take me again and he kept his promise (thank Christ)
                                Brilliant wasn't it mate. I was in our bit but we were baiting the palace fans it was so one sided. Happy days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X