On way home | QPR 1 Preston 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 1 Preston 2

This team is consistantly inconsistent,very frustrating game where nothing went right and simple things went wrong, not going to slit my wrists over this performance as things just did not work, Thought Holloway’s subs were spot on but nothing changed the way we were playing.
    First half fairly even, I thought it had a bit if a end of the season game, no real flow, although the ref did not help constantly blowing for minor fouls, excellent volleyed cross from Manning for the first goal, couldn’t help noticing how few times Smith wins the ball outside the box, his ratio today was about 1 in 8.
    Second half just as frustrating,poor passing and some real dodgy defending with Robinson and Bidwell having poor games.
    I thought it showed that the young players will have massive ups and downs, however hopefully they will learn that the game is not always easy.
    Preston bog standard average Championship team, however we struggled,and created little.

Special mention for the ref today, he must take the award as the worst ref we have had this season, got so many decisions wrong it was laughable, where do they get these people.

Good post. Agree on a lot of that, especially the ref. He was woeful.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      This team is consistantly inconsistent,very frustrating game where nothing went right and simple things went wrong, not going to slit my wrists over this performance as things just did not work, Thought Holloway’s subs were spot on but nothing changed the way we were playing.
      First half fairly even, I thought it had a bit if a end of the season game, no real flow, although the ref did not help constantly blowing for minor fouls, excellent volleyed cross from Manning for the first goal, couldn’t help noticing how few times Smith wins the ball outside the box, his ratio today was about 1 in 8.
      Second half just as frustrating,poor passing and some real dodgy defending with Robinson and Bidwell having poor games.
      I thought it showed that the young players will have massive ups and downs, however hopefully they will learn that the game is not always easy.
      Preston bog standard average Championship team, however we struggled,and created little.

Special mention for the ref today, he must take the award as the worst ref we have had this season, got so many decisions wrong it was laughable, where do they get these people.
      Thanks as always for the report, can't disagree with any of that from what I saw on the big screen!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Great post Romford and thanks for posting.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Tbh - thought the ref was good and we lacked focus and intent. Just 4 shots on goal all game, says it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
            Tbh - thought the ref was good and we lacked focus and intent. Just 4 shots on goal all game, says it all!
            You're not gonna have many agreeing with you mate!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Ref was the worst player on rhe pitch

Comment

Some of the calls he made today were disgustingly bad. Smith kept getting pushed around, pulled, never gave him a thing. At one point, Luongo got booked for a professional foul to stop an attack, no more than 4 mins later, Eze gets taken down in what I would argue is a much worse professional foul and ref plays on.

Sylla getting brought down in and around the box too, fairly regularly after coming on was ridiculous.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

This is where you're left with your hair on fire. Missed calls. No calls. Total inconsistency. And loss of control of the game on the pitch. Are the refs' performances evaluated after games by a higher authority? The game is clearly best served by well-officiated contests.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Some of the calls he made today were disgustingly bad. Smith kept getting pushed around, pulled, never gave him a thing. At one point, Luongo got booked for a professional foul to stop an attack, no more than 4 mins later, Eze gets taken down in what I would argue is a much worse professional foul and ref plays on.

Sylla getting brought down in and around the box too, fairly regularly after coming on was ridiculous.

I thought it had to be a penalty when he was first slapped in the neck then had his shirt pulled in the box, the ref was 2 yards away, how does he not call that even though Sylla went down somewhat theatrically?
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Seriously! one of the most incompetent refs i have ever seen! How he didn't book half the PNE team for time wasting- choosing to take unofficial water breaks and huddles at every break in play...he was just laughing every time we protested!

We didn't lose because of the ref we lost because the tinker man cat help himself but he didn't help!

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                        This is where you're left with your hair on fire. Missed calls. No calls. Total inconsistency. And loss of control of the game on the pitch. Are the refs' performances evaluated after games by a higher authority? The game is clearly best served by well-officiated contests.
                        That loss of control was terrible, refused to book anyone of their players for blatant timewasting, as if that'd teach them to stop. The bookings exist as a warning and a lesson, why not use them.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          [/B]

I thought it had to be a penalty when he was first slapped in the neck then had his shirt pulled in the box, the ref was 2 yards away, how does he not call that even though Sylla went down somewhat theatrically?
                          It looked a blatant dive from where I was sitting mate. Might have been slight contact but he threw himself to floor like he'd been hit by a train. Thought he was poor when he came on

Comment

Oh my word..............................in true Mcenroe style, you cannot be serious.

This is the same Richard that denied Matt Smith 2 blatant pens in the home game against Boro. He is truly incompetent, in fact, he is worse than than
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I said in another thread Preston managed the referee they were In his ear after every foul; they are very much a side in the image of their manager. We however we’re silent towards ref and the perfect hosts. The one person we have in our side who is always nagging ref is Ned!! You know the captain which everyone says is silent and not up to the task

Actually expected Preston to be a better side then they were given position in table but they were s hit just goes to show the fine margins in this league it don’t take much to make you competitive

Comment

Working...
                              X