On way home | QPR 4 Sheff Wed 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 4 Sheff Wed 2

What an odd game, raced to a 3-0 in 15 minutes, was playing some decent football and all was looking good, however they took their foot off the gas and allowed Wednesday to dictate play. Was happy to get to H/T with a clean sheet mainly due to a brilliant save from Smithies.

Second half much the same, penalty made it 4, surely game over and maybe 5 or 6, then we did a Rangers classic and panicked at 4-0, defence started looking a mess with their 8 foot forward causing panic, they got 2 back and it could have been worse, not that they were that good it’s just we were nervous.
    Think the midfield were partly to blame with Freeman and Cousins having poor games, sloppy passes and constantly losing possession, Freeman has to learn to release the ball quicker.
    Thought the youngsters, Furlong, Smythe and Bright Samuel all had good games, chasing down and creating chances, Sylla scored 2 so I suppose he did his job, however still not keen on him as first choice striker.
    Summing up, good result, some excellent football, mixed in with poor defending and sloppy passing, still made for a decent match for the hardy 11,000 Rangers fans, and a happier last 30 for the 1500 Wednesday fans.

Great win, looking forward to going sat, really delighted with our home form and good to try a few players playing for their contracts
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Pretty good summary

Comment

Does anyone else hate it when the away team makes us kick towards their fans second half when they win the toss?
        Unsporting and id understand it if it was a play off semi or something, but in an end of season nothing game?
        Was happy we battered them in front of the loft.

Comment

No not really

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Does anyone else hate it when the away team makes us kick towards their fans second half when they win the toss?
            Unsporting and id understand it if it was a play off semi or something, but in an end of season nothing game?
            I hate it, always have.

Comment

Drives me mental but maybe its ocd.
              Didnt matter today and was funny cos we totally mugged them for doing it and scored more goals first half than we have in years.
              But if we are looking for a late winner or equalizer, its always better to be kicking towards the loft.

Comment

Yes mate, I also hate it. Horrible tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Yes mate, I also hate it. Horrible tactic.
                  So do I, but I totally get why teams do it. I'd do the same if I was playing against us, as it definitely gives us an advantage attacking the home end 2nd half.

Comment

A win to level us on last season's finish,Holloway has admitted his objective now is to finish the finish on 54 finish so expect a kamakasie lineup for the next few names

Comment

Yes, although on the plus side I got to see our three goals down in R block.

Comment

its upside down , kick to the loft in the 2nd half

Comment

I could see if wind or sun is a factor which I don't think was the case tonight, if it was just to disrupt us it didn't work well did it?
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

We got mixed up and thought the first half was the second when we come out all guns blazing. Went back to our first half displays in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              We got mixed up and thought the first half was the second when we come out all guns blazing. Went back to our first half displays in the second.
                              Wish they could do that every game. Much better for my nerves being 3-0 up at half time.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                              X