On way home | QPR 2 Cardiff 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 2 Cardiff 1

Excellent hard fought and deserved victory, rode our luck at bit towards the end, although we were also creating a hatful of good chances, penalty decision was another disgraceful call, and why the red had a 2 minute chat with the linesman over Hoiletts goal is anyone’s guess, Hoillet was 2
    yards offside !

Now to the MOTM, take a bow young Smythe, absolutely cracking debut, made intelligent runs, always looked to take on defenders, and finished with supreme skill for his goal, albeit with a slight deflection.What a joy to watch players like him, Oteh when he came on and BOS last week, skill and pace = opposition defenders panicking, hopefully these young players will be given a chance.

Few dodgy bits of defending as per usual, however I’m just going to enjoy the 3 points and enjoy the debut of a small but feisty winger.

Thanks for report, wasn't there today as no trai

Comment

In total agreement, as usual.

Comment

Ha ha. Messed post up! 6% lager to blame. Missed today but going Saturday, it's the cup and I am the eternal optimist. Thanks for report

Comment

I must say, their “equaliser”: it came off our man, I feel it should have stood. But their pen was never a pen, worker Call that the last one

Comment

The discussion on the offside goal was whether it was played by us or them, not who touched it last, if they play the ball, which they did it doesn't matter if it deflected off our player which is the new interpretation of the rule!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Fantastic to watch one of our forwards make forward runs with and without the ball and fully deserved his goal. I do wonder why he has never featured before.

Comment

Agree Romford. Bar some dodgy defending that performance was much better. In recent games we have seemed to disappear in the 2nd Half, but today we came out all guns blazing. Very pleasing performance.
                Just to add, I loved watching Hoilett celebrate, then realise it had been chalked off. Cannot stand that odious little wanchor.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I didn't think we were that great for the first half hour if I'm honest. In fact we wasn't clicking until we went 1 down.

Also thought it was a penalty.... Bidwell pushed him over when he was going for the ball. We've had a few sloppy moments like that defending this year. What is annoying is we never seem to get given those though!

Smyth was great.... So much energy and he was very direct which I loved. thought he worked well with Smith. Big man little man combo is good but sometimes they were the wrong way round!

Midfield 3 were great.... chief had a few clangers and smithies had a few odd moments today but all in all a great win. Loved the fight they put in towards the end.

Well done lads

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Agree Romford. Bar some dodgy defending that performance was much better. In recent games we have seemed to disappear in the 2nd Half, but today we came out all guns blazing. Very pleasing performance.
                    Just to add, I loved watching Hoilett celebrate, then realise it had been chalked off. Cannot stand that odious little wanchor.
                    Another good aspect to our youngsters is now if we`re under the cosh like a few games, we`ve got pace to counter attack them like today, whereas before we didnt so was pinned back, so can do to teams like we`ve had done to us!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Another fair assessment of our performance, cheers Romford
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thought we were poor first half but transformed the second. Also thought Hoilett looked good and dangerous throughout

Comment

Agree with all of that.

The discussion over Hoilett's chalked off goal wasn't about whether he was offside or not, he was clearly a good yard off. It was down to whether the ball was played by a Cardiff player or by a defender. It was actually a bit of both, and as such the correct decision was made in the end!

Comment

smyth did well loved the way he was direct and lovely goal ... but scowen motm for me by a country mile . covered every blade of grass , love his awareness on the pitch , fearless in the tackle and constantly wants the ball , baptiste played well too

Comment

Thought Baptiste played well again but think he needs to play in the middle of the 3 CBs where his lack of pace is not exposed as much. Would also help Ned who had a few wobbly moments.
                              We do a lot of shirt pulling in the area,as do most teams,but we don't seem so clever with it. Highlight of the match for me was when Bamba collapsed after a tackle by Smythe.

Comment

Working...
                              X