No announcement yet.

On way home | QPR 2 Brentford 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rewatched the 90 minutes over the course of my work day today. Few points:

When Luongo was involved, he did things right and brought the ball forward. Maybe made one mistake all game but he was great when he was involved. Issue that I can understand where the disagreements with my opinions exist is that those moments didn't come much. He wasn't as involved as he'd like to be and when Freeman was off the boil as he was last night, it becomes more obvious to everyone that Luongo didn't get into every phase of the game.

Mackie made some nice runs forward but lost it almost every time by the end. Robinson did very very well in the air for someone of his height. Scowen was solid but didn't really perform to his standards in that he made mistakes and for their second goal, he decided to start complaining to his teammates while the ball was still in play and that led to them scoring.

Sylla didn't really play much football all game, Washington is not a striker, we need our wingers playing and we need a new full back and tbh we need to start finding ways to put circular pegs back into round holes.

That was not a team performance for 90 minutes. That was a disorganised group of players who didn't have a clear strategy all game until Smith came on.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      That was not a team performance for 90 minutes. That was a disorganised group of players who didn't have a clear strategy all game until Smith came on.
      And not for the first time under Ollie.

There is an obvious set up given our squad but Ollie doesn't when to deploy it.

Comment

Did you notice that Smith didn't celebrate his goal last night probes getting pissed off being sub

He scores every time he plays should give him 5 games starting he would easily be top scorer

Comment

Smithies
          Baptiste Robinson Bidwell
          Wsoliek Llongo Freeman Scowen Mackie. = TOP SIX NO PROBLEM
          Smith Sylla.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            Smithies
            Baptiste Robinson Bidwell
            Wsoliek Llongo Freeman Scowen Mackie. = TOP SIX NO PROBLEM
            Smith Sylla.
            Really, Mackie and Pavel wing backs ???, would be mullared against good teams with that set up, Pav is a winger, Mackie is not very good at anything, would be a shambles

Comment

Did you notice that Smith didn't celebrate his goal last night probes getting pissed off being sub

He scores every time he plays should give him 5 games starting he would easily be top scorer
              Nothing in that. At the stage meant nothing. I didn't even get off my seat for that first one.

Comment

Ok drop Mackie

Add Furlog at the back. 4 4 2 strong team that

Comment

Smithies
                  Furlong Baptiste Robinson Bidwell
                  Wsoliek Llongo. Scowen Freeman
                  Smith Sylla

Comment

Is that better Romford ??

Comment

Smithies
                      Furlong Baptiste Robinson Bidwell
                      Wsoliek Llongo. Scowen Freeman
                      Smith Sylla
                      That's almost the same side I put up in another thread. Only difference is I'd swap Scowen for Cousins, who's now been at the club for 1.5 years and still has never been consistently played at CM - his best position, which is extraordinary when you think about it, even notwithstanding his injury problems. I think Scowen needs a rest too. But I agree that 442 with a proper winger is surely the way to go with the players we have. It'll be a cold day in hell before our esteemed manager ever realises this though.

Comment

That is a great team IMHO Stan attacking. Great midfield solid at the back

Would match or beat most teams up to 6 place

Why won't he play this team it's so frustrating it would save his job probably

Comment

Is that better Romford ??
                          Agree that 4-4-2 is more balanced or 4-1-4-1 gives wingers a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                            Agree that 4-4-2 is more balanced or 4-1-4-1 gives wingers a chance
                            You have a message from hollowhead.

He says "sorry, BUT............................"
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by the general View Post
                              smithies
                              furlong baptiste robinson bidwell
                              wsoliek llongo. Scowen freeman
                              smith sylla
                              that is the farking team right there.

Forget the 352 cra p.
                              Forget the wingbacks
                              forget round pegs in square holes
                              forget gump

how much do you you want to be next manager?
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I'll do it for nothing hits it's not rocket science is it obviously the best players playing in their best positions

That team is a top ten or top 6 team he just needs to farking play it to save his skin

Proper strikers to score goals great midfield good defence best goalkeeper in league Ollie are you listening

Comment

Working...
                                X