Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
    In a nutshell yes.
    I’m not saying we were great, anyone could see we huffed and puffed. Just pointing out that the players gave it all they had right up to the end and because of that they deserved something from it.
    We had some decent spells in the game but yet again were wasteful in front of goal.
    To say that they didn’t do themselves proud is a fu€king insult and a joke.
    Mackie is limited, we know that. Does he pick himself though ?
    He’s asked to do a job and he gives it everything, every game. Same applies to Washington. Yet some on here resort to pathetic name calling and €unt them off, for what ? Turning up and trying ? Should they pull Ollie to one side and say they don’t want to be picked anymore because they’re not well liked ?
    We have some proper juvenile fans who should go one step further than Ollie suggested.
    Fu€k off and support a “better” team until we start playing well again, then come back.
    Fair enough if people have a gripe with the manager but at least give the players some credit for trying and ultimately getting what their perseverance deserved.

And no, my name is not Jamie or Ian.

I agree. They battled very well and put in shifts. Be interesting to see the ground covered? Ultimately, we did not have the right balance/organisation to get a better result and performance. But you cannot question how hard they worked. Well you can, but you shouldn't.

Comment

In a nutshell yes.
      I’m not saying we were great, anyone could see we huffed and puffed. Just pointing out that the players gave it all they had right up to the end and because of that they deserved something from it.
      We had some decent spells in the game but yet again were wasteful in front of goal.
      He’s asked to do a job and he gives it everything, every game. Same applies to Washington. Yet some on here resort to pathetic name calling and €unt them off, for what ? Turning up and trying ? Should they pull Ollie to one side and say they don’t want to be picked anymore because they’re not well liked ?
      We have some proper juvenile fans who should go one step further than Ollie suggested.
      Fu€k off and support a “better” team until we start playing well again, then come back.
      Fair enough if people have a gripe with the manager but at least give the players some credit for trying and ultimately getting what their perseverance deserved.

So when Hollohead finally gets what his managerial skills deserve then.
      Muppet should never have got the job in the first place.

Comment

In a nutshell yes.

The problem isn't the players effort, it's the manager's choices. He consistently and persistently makes bad and inexplicable choices. Our midfield three are great, Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are great players, but how p issued off must they be at the narrowness of the team and the fact they have so few options to pass it wide? Or play it through. Especially when Mackie, who we all know works like a dog, plays every single game and does so little. And is subbed every single game. It's not his fault. Its Holloway's. Smith handed Holloway the point last night. And he's on and off the bench like a yoyo. LuLa's coated off and then plays? Wheeler? WTF? Cousins is made to look terrible every week by being played out of position Dittto Wszolek. Cousins had to play RB yesterday, given our defensive injuries, and he did OK defensively. Our squad is limited, sure, and their effort usually can't be faulted, but Ollie, for a year now, had made bad and inexplicable choices. That's why I'm so p issed off.
        Last edited by Rangers77; 28-11-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Mate, when do you ever see me calling a player out or name calling? Not very often, if at all. I will however be critical when something isn't good enough, and last night wasn't good enough. Is it the phrase "not done themselves proud" that has irked you?

I'll tell you where I'm coming from. I've got Brentford mates that will be on the blower later on reminding me that we haven't beaten them for nearly 2 year. They'll also probably point out that we are on track to finish below them for the 3rd year running. Yet our wally of a manager is celebrating a last minute equaliser that he never deserved like he's won the farking Champions League. Worse than that he's calling out fans for going early and doubting his capabilities.

This is Brentford, that little club from down the road. It ain't Chelsea. I'm fed up with it, and I'd like to see our players turn it on for a bloody derby match. Is that too much to ask?
          This.

Comment

Mate, when do you ever see me calling a player out or name calling? Not very often, if at all. I will however be critical when something isn't good enough, and last night wasn't good enough. Is it the phrase "not done themselves proud" that has irked you?

I'll tell you where I'm coming from. I've got Brentford mates that will be on the blower later on reminding me that we haven't beaten them for nearly 2 year. They'll also probably point out that we are on track to finish below them for the 3rd year running. Yet our wally of a manager is celebrating a last minute equaliser that he never deserved like he's won the farking Champions League. Worse than that he's calling out fans for going early and doubting his capabilities.

This is Brentford, that little club from down the road. It ain't Chelsea. I'm fed up with it, and I'd like to see our players turn it on for a bloody derby match. Is that too much to ask?
            So have I and if they have the nerve to call me I’ll tak great pleasure in gently reminding them how they were winning 2-0 with seconds to go and monumentally fu€Ked it up. Trust me, that wound will still be well and truly raw for them.
            As for little old Brentford, I hate to break it to you but we don’t have a divine right to beat anybody and if you assume that’s the case you are going to be a very unhappy bunny for the foreseeable future.

My main point is this.
            Yes ollies decision making is scandalous but the players are trying to the best of their ability, most games.
            That doesn’t make everything rosy but IMO some people need to separate ollies awful tactics and team selection from the players commitment and effort, even if some of them lack ability.
            Instead of immediately switching into whinge mode once the final whistle went, how about some fans just take 2 seconds to enjoy and appreciate the effort the players put in which ultimately gave us one of the most unlikely but overall deserved comebacks in recent years. It may just momentarily put a smile on their miserable faces.

My point about name calling wasn’t directed at you Tarbie, so apologies if it came across like that.
            I do think you’re completely wrong about the othet points I mentioned.
            Just my opinion though.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              The problem isn't the players effort, it's the manager's choices. He consistently and persistently makes bad and inexplicable choices. Our midfield three are great, Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are great players, but how p issued off must they be at the narrowness of the team and the fact they have so few options to pass it wide? Or play it through. Especially when Mackie, who we all know works like a dog, plays every single game and does so little. And is subbed every single game. It's not his fault. Its Holloway's. Smith handed Holloway the point last night. And he's on and off the bench like a yoyo. LuLa's coated off and then plays? Wheeler? WTF? Cousins is made to look terrible every week by being played out of position Dittto Wszolek. Cousins had to play RB yesterday, given our defensive injuries, and he did OK defensively. Our squad is limited, sure, and their effort usually can't be faulted, but Ollie, for a year now, had made bad and inexplicable choices. That's why I'm so p issed off.
              We’re in agreement there 77.
              Just grates me that some fans can’t just momentarily enjoy a comeback like that and instead automatically default to sl@gging off the players, manager, dof, owner, effing corner flags etc etc.
              Will Danaher

Comment

So have I and if they have the nerve to call me I’ll tak great pleasure in gently reminding them how they were winning 2-0 with seconds to go and monumentally fu€Ked it up. Trust me, that wound will still be well and truly raw for them.
                As for little old Brentford, I hate to break it to you but we don’t have a divine right to beat anybody and if you assume that’s the case you are going to be a very unhappy bunny for the foreseeable future.

My main point is this.
                Yes ollies decision making is scandalous but the players are trying to the best of their ability, most games.
                That doesn’t make everything rosy but IMO some people need to separate ollies awful tactics and team selection from the players commitment and effort, even if some of them lack ability.
                Instead of immediately switching into whinge mode once the final whistle went, how about some fans just take 2 seconds to enjoy and appreciate the effort the players put in which ultimately gave us one of the most unlikely but overall deserved comebacks in recent years. It may just momentarily put a smile on their miserable faces.

My point about name calling wasn’t directed at you Tarbie, so apologies if it came across like that.
                I do think you’re completely wrong about the othet points I mentioned.
                Just my opinion though.
                Fair enough mate. Few emotions running high this morning is all I think.

And your correct in the sense that I am far more annoyed with the manager then anyone on the pitch yesterday. At the same time, can't chalk everything down to the boss all of the time. The players have a responsibility to get themselves up for a games, particularly when bragging rights are at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                  So when Hollohead finally gets what his managerial skills deserve then.
                  Muppet should never have got the job in the first place.
                  Ollie going won’t necessarily change what’s happening on the pitch that much.
                  Let’s face it, his two predecessors weren’t up to much so whose to say the one following him will be much better.
                  JFH and even Earnivk on his return started games without a proper striker.
                  That’s not an “Ollie in” stance btw. Just saying that fu€king him off won’t guarantee an improvement as some seem to think.
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Ollie going won’t necessarily change what’s happening on the pitch that much.
                    Let’s face it, his two predecessors weren’t up to much so whose to say the one following him will be much better.
                    JFH and even Earnivk on his return started games without a proper striker.
                    That’s not an “Ollie in” stance btw. Just saying that fu€king him off won’t guarantee an improvement as some seem to think.
                    Earnivk, who the fu€k is he ?
                    I meant Warnock
                    Will Danaher

Comment

We’re in agreement there 77.
                      Just grates me that some fans can’t just momentarily enjoy a comeback like that and instead automatically default to sl@gging off the players, manager, dof, owner, effing corner flags etc etc.
                      Sadly I didn't enjoy the comeback as much as I'd liked. Few around me were as ecstatic as you'd imagine.. I blame Ollie for that. For it's explained by yet another terrible team selection and poor strategy. Enough is enough. I know little about football, but I knew at 6.45 how s hit we would be. As is the case every single week. Except when their goalie drops the ball one game in eleven. It's horrible. You can't even trust him to change it with subs. He makes it worse. LuaLua? Bar enabling Smith to sometimes save his a ss. As he did last night with a goal and an assist. Sigh.

Comment

You’re talking utter shite.
                        There wasn’t one player on that pitch that didn’t give it a go last night, despite their shortcomings. They were just not as organised. You’ve said in other threads we were played off the park, that’s b ollox. We had them on the back foot for chunks of the game and if we’d had some quality up front we could have scored two well before the end.
                        As has been the case in a lot of games, we lacked a cutting edge up front.
                        As for your comments about Freeman having a shocker, really ?
                        Not his best game but he still rang rings round some of their players more than once and went looking for the ball at every opportunity.
                        This is precisely what I saw aswell. AND just to add: where is the width in our play which we sorely need? We have the players for it.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Never like to see a manager distract from a performance by blaming the fans or bringing them into something.

He had absolutely no right to say what he said afterwards last night... especially after the last few years of watching a lot of shower of sh1te at home like last night for the prices we pay - you'd forgive rangers fans for leaving early again.
                          Fans wouldn't have left early if his teams performance was any good against a rival again. Secondly it's a Monday night, freezing cold, and a lot of people have kids with them.

Ollie may of had a point if the team were top of the table or at least in better form...
                          I don't think Ollie should get off lightly from Rs fans just because he is Ollie. I'd never doubt the mans passion but don't pick on the fans or attempt to blame them, it's a cheap shot and a disgrace. He should be out the door because of it IMO, muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Haha come on give over Mush Woods was bang average tonight, and he's certainly not the best CM in the division. Better than Luongo and Scowen tonight? Sure. But let's not get carried away lol.
                            Haha...decent midfielder every time I've seen him to be fair but yeah, more a dig at Luongo's #1 fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Haha...decent midfielder every time I've seen him to be fair but yeah, more a dig at Luongo's #1 fan...
                              Thought Luongo was very quiet last night. Was surprised to see him described as "excellent" by anyone on here.

Opinions I guess!

Comment

Thought Luongo was very quiet last night. Was surprised to see him described as "excellent" by anyone on here.

Opinions I guess!
                                Made a couple of decent challenges but I thought he was simply well targeted by Brentford and kept quiet by an organised midfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X