Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On way home | QPR 1 Aston Villa 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The obvious sub if Mass had to get off was Cousins to midfield and furlong RB

    Manning in the middle majorly weakened us as distribution is poor and game went on around him. He showed promise last year but has regressed at an alarming rate. I can see why he was on his way out the door if I’m being honest. Tries really hard but when you break it down he’s not actually very good at anything
    Last edited by West Acton; 19-11-2017, 08:02 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Just re-read that On Manning and perhaps that was bit OTT. There is player in him but he needs someone to teach him the game and the role and he needs his manager give him a fixed position. Shame he was not breaking into team when Derry was about as he would be perfect mentor to watch and learn from

      Comment


      • #18
        we were a shambles at times , disjointed and all over the place , villa had horgan out he would have been more clinical than the bloke they had up front , we never coped all afternoon with albert adomah , they should have won by more

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Clearly no one can agree as to what formation we played. Imagine how the players feel.
          D ickhead of a manager is to blame.
          Was about to say the same. The fact that nobody who was at the game can even explain what formation we were playing tells you all you need to know.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            The obvious sub if Mass had to get off was Cousins to midfield and furlong RB

            Manning in the middle majority weakened us as distribution is poor and game went on around him. He showed promise last year but has regressed at an alarming rate. I can see why he was on his way out the door if I’m being honest. Tries really hard but when you break it down he’s not actually very good at anything
            You and me both called it at the end of last season I think mate. His first handful of games flattered to deceive. Manning is a long way from the finished article. Personally I think he needs to go out on loan.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Was about to say the same. The fact that nobody who was at the game can even explain what formation we were playing tells you all you need to know.
              we were bloody awful Tarbie and am surprised Holloway hasn't received more pelters after that dross
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                we were bloody awful Tarbie and am surprised Holloway hasn't received more pelters after that dross
                It is clear Ollie is staying and I suspect some have come to the conclusion not worth moaning about. Just pray and hope he doesn't take us down now he has a whole season to achieve it after he just fell short last season.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The biggest worry is him claiming to have watched 2 good teams yesterday.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    WHAT A LOAD OF ######CS I for one never saw never saw Holloway kick a ball or not get stuck in or make a telling pass or give the ball away !
                    But what I did see was half of the side that that arnt anywhere near this level of football ,
                    Holloway is just a man like any other manager he can't fortell the future he doesn't possess magical talents therefore how in farks name did know when replacing below par Luongo with Manning that he as going to be even less effective , he know's what shyte forwards he's got and that's what he's stuck with smith that covers every blade of grass really , Washington that actually does cover every blade of grass and has impeccable finishing skills like fark , the same applies to Mackie , the influential Cousins , come on would anybody shed a tear if these four and a couple of others were let go in January , and I can't have any of that rubbish about players being played out of position your best defender is being played out of position , when you've the amount of crapp we've got you have move players about , me I can only see Washington having future in football as a midfield player as he he has the energy to maybe able to do reasonably well further back , half our squad are bellow the standard and that in some eyes makes Holloway a mug the only thing that makes him a mug is taking on such a talented squad of players
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-11-2017, 01:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Why is Wzsolek on the bench? Why is Cousins played in a wingback position. Why is Lynch hoofing it when he is told to pass it to the midfielders. Isnt Olli the person who should tell Lynch how to realease the ball???????????????????????
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Why is Wzsolek on the bench? Why is Cousins played in a wingback position. Why is Lynch hoofing it when he is told to pass it to the midfielders. Isnt Olli the person who should tell Lynch how to realease the ball???????????????????????
                        Absolutely brilliant Shan read it back to yourself

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          WHAT A LOAD OF ######CS I for one never saw never saw Holloway kick a ball or not get stuck in or make a telling pass or give the ball away !
                          But what I did see was half of the side that that arnt anywhere near this level of football ,
                          Holloway is just a man like any other manager he can't fortell the future he doesn't possess magical talents therefore how in farks name did know when replacing below par Luongo with Manning that he as going to be even less effective , he know's what shyte forwards he's got and that's what he's stuck with smith that covers every blade of grass really , Washington that actually does cover every blade of grass and has impeccable finishing skills like fark , the same applies to Mackie , the influential Cousins , come on would anybody shed a tear if these four and a couple of others were let go in January , and I can't have any of that rubbish about players being played out of position your best defender is being played out of position , when you've the amount of crapp we've got you have move players about , me I can only see Washington having future in football as a midfield player as he he has the energy to maybe able to do reasonably well further back , half our squad are bellow the standard and that in some eyes makes Holloway a mug the only thing that makes him a mug is taking on such a talented squad of players
                          So you didn't watch the match then?

                          Luongo was literally the only reason we weren't behind in that first half. We had some level of control over the pitch when he was on. It speaks volumes of the performance of the other midfielders that we capitulated as soon as he came off.

                          I get that causation and coincidence are two different things, but this is without a doubt not a coincidence. This is causation. Take off your best midfielder, lose control of the midfield. That is 100% on Holloway, in every single way.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            So you didn't watch the match then?

                            Luongo was literally the only reason we weren't behind in that first half. We had some level of control over the pitch when he was on. It speaks volumes of the performance of the other midfielders that we capitulated as soon as he came off.

                            I get that causation and coincidence are two different things, but this is without a doubt not a coincidence. This is causation. Take off your best midfielder, lose control of the midfield. That is 100% on Holloway, in every single way.
                            It’s what he done in his first game against Norwich. In his words took best player off to see how we coped without him

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Haven't you ever heard of flogging a dead horse he was wasn't up to HIS standards of this season so his his manager thought he should try to preserve his energy bearing in mind theres a game on Tuesday and Saturday , or in your world should Ollie just run him into the ground
                              Sorry Westy meant for the mug above you
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-11-2017, 02:53 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Haven't you ever heard of flogging a dead horse he was wasn't up to HIS standards of this season so his his manager thought he should try to preserve his energy bearing in mind theres a game on Tuesday and Saturday , or in your world should Ollie just run him into the ground
                                Sorry Westy meant for the mug above you
                                I do agree with Nasser that the substitution clearly changed our midfield as Manning besides one peachy cross that Smith should have scored from, was not up to it! Luongo was tiring and I am not surprised at all that Ollie took him off at the half, I was more surprised he played any part in this match after 90 minutes in the heat of Honduras then a trip back to Australia!
                                @gatorTFC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X