On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Brilliant comeback from Rangers who looked dead and buried at 2 down, first 35 minutes was a shambles, Albion were streets ahead, 2 up and it could have been 4, their passing, movement and general play made us look pedestrian and void of ideas.

The penalty was the turning point, think it was given for a pull back on our player but honestly did not see it, second half was a superb feast of end to end attacking, Austin was sublime in movement and finishing.
    Motm is obvious,but Dunne was supreme at centre of defence.

Downside is playing 4 centre halves shows how unbalanced our squad is, thought Fer and Henry were awful, and the team gives up possession to easily.

However team spirit is excellent and they never gave up.

Superb win and a great fightback.

Proper penalty from Charlie was not going make same mistake he did against Hull walloped it home

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Proper penalty from Charlie was not going make same mistake he did against Hull walloped it home
      Loved that pen west - proper Julian Dicks style! How they should be taken.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Did not watch the game as it wasn't showed here in Malta. Could have watched it on the internet, however I opted against the idea as I prefer watching on big screen. I listened to the BBC radio while watching other Premier league games and could not believe that we went 2-0 down inside the first twenty minutes at home. Just goes to show that as I said in other posts in these past months, its the midfield in front of the defence that is letting us down. However, well down to the lads as they kept fighting on to win a very valuable three points.

Comment

I thought it was a poor penalty myself, had the keeper gone the correct way is was way to close to the middle of the goal not to be saved. The cliché is any penalty that goes in is a good one though, pleased for him that he didn't miss again.

There was little movement and few options for anyone when they had the ball so a lot of misplaced passes, thought Hill gave us a lot of impetuous when coming on as well as some width.

Comment

Jeff and Phil Thompson on soccer saturday claimed nailed on pen.
            Could this comeback have the same effect on the team as the Liverpool one of the same score 4 seasons ago?....Hope so and alot earlier in the season too

Comment

It seems like we miss Sandro a lot?
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                It seems like we miss Sandro a lot?
                Played 5 won 3 since he was injured
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                  I thought it was a poor penalty myself, had the keeper gone the correct way is was way to close to the middle of the goal not to be saved. The cliché is any penalty that goes in is a good one though, pleased for him that he didn't miss again.

There was little movement and few options for anyone when they had the ball so a lot of misplaced passes, thought Hill gave us a lot of impetuous when coming on as well as some width.
                  Poor penalty that mate.

Comment

Was that our 1st pen since the Hull game?....If so maybe that's why he smashed it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Poor penalty that mate.
                      Technically not a good penalty but the only thing that counts is if it goes in so in theory a good penalty. It went the same place as his penalty against Hull just a bit harder, keeper goes right instead of left and it's saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                        Technically not a good penalty but the only thing that counts is if it goes in so in theory a good penalty. It went the same place as his penalty against Hull just a bit harder, keeper goes right instead of left and it's saved.
                        He leathered it and scored mate, come on cheer up please. Happy christmas mucker.

Comment

Working...
                        X