On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Another win and another shocking first 30 minutes, time after time Huddesfield walked through our defence creating 2 or 3 great chances, the midfield were all over the place with Carroll and O'neil constantly losing possession and misplacing passes.
    Gradually After about 30 mins Rangers sorted it out a bit and started to created chances,hitting the bar twice in a mad 20 second piece of play.
    Halftime 0-0 and I think most fans were relieved at that.y

Second half and the substitution that changed the whole goal, take a bow Matt Phillips, suddenly we had a direct winger with pace who ripped their defence to pieces, Harry please take note,Rangers started to create good chances with just the final ball or decision letting them down.

2 great goals from Austin especially the first which showed all his strength and finishing ability.

Fair play to Huddesfield,they looked a decent team and play some lovely football.
    Strange fans from Huddesfield, spent the whole game singing songs in a language known only to them.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 18-01-2014, 07:06 PM.

Good summary agree about Philips needs to start an when gets tired can bring on either traore or SWP for more pace. Huddersfield fans apparently spitting down on kids below cants

Comment

Originally posted by Brightsparx View Post
      Good summary agree about Philips needs to start an when gets tired can bring on either traore or SWP for more pace. Huddersfield fans apparently spitting down on kids below cants

Pretty much agree. At HT, 'Udders should have been 2 up and it could have been 3 or 4-1
      Hill & Dunne especially struggled with their pace & speedy counter attacks.
      Phillips made a BIG difference. Traore was just a rampaging bonus down the left towards the end.
      Nice to get 90 mins out of Krancjar, some nice touches. Possibly a little too flash in their area on 1 or 2 occasions. A back flick to AJ in the 2nd half springs to mind when he probably should have taken a shot himself.
      Austin was excellent, especially 2nd half.

I felt a bit for Carroll, he must be our new scapegoat. He did have a poor game compared to last week, giving the ball away too too often, and crucially for their goal. But give him some credit, he never hid & kept on going.

Finally, a big up to BAE - 3 or 4 pieces of skill today were sublime, audacious, outrageous for a LB - Adel would have been proud of such touches. Some good corners too. Just wondering want he would achieve if only he could appear a little more interested ? Certainly wouldn't be gracing LR.

Comment

Only 2 or 3. I must have been at a different match. They had a good dozen chances and we had a couple.

Comment

Only 2 or 3 ? I did mention 4.....

I guess you was - I bet Football League show doesn't show 12 'good' chances tonight.
          Most teams don't tend to score from EVERY half chance they create, in fact this season only Leicester have managed that.

Bottom line is Huddersfield played very well in an open game and should have been ahead & comfortable by HT. But 2nd half we did the same if not more to them. Overall a close game, but we deserved to win IMO.

Comment

I don't understand why Phillips doesn't start!
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
              I don't understand why Phillips doesn't start!

Possibly because he hasn't been so effective when he starts ?

Possibly because he's carrying a knock (sometimes, not always) ?

Possibly because he doesn't score enough or create as many assists as 'Arry thinks he should ?

Possibly because Hoilett or SWP try harder in training during the week ? (Ok, least likely, I grant you)

I think he needs to find a level like yesterday's 2nd half more consistently.
              His passing is not always the best - re: yesterdays pull back from the touchline. 3 waiting to tap in & his pass found none of them.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Possibly because he hasn't been so effective when he starts ?

Possibly because he's carrying a knock (sometimes, not always) ?

Possibly because he doesn't score enough or create as many assists as 'Arry thinks he should ?

Possibly because Hoilett or SWP try harder in training during the week ? (Ok, least likely, I grant you)

I think he needs to find a level like yesterday's 2nd half more consistently.
                His passing is not always the best - re: yesterdays pull back from the touchline. 3 waiting to tap in & his pass found none of them.

Comment

Hate them little things - No idea what that's supposed the mean.

Your PC not working ?
                  Powering off & on is more likely to fix that.....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    Hate them little things - No idea what that's supposed the mean.

Your PC not working ?
                    Powering off & on is more likely to fix that.....
                    Lol

Comment

I am not convinced we scouted Huddersfield , Huddersfield started with three forwards , pushing Ward on to BAE , this meant given our narrow midfield , Huddersfield were able to put immense pressure on our midfield players when they had the ball , it was really frustrating that we didn't make tactical sub after 15 mins and bring on Matt Phillips , despite hitting the bar and post in one first half attack , we got away with it first half , thankfully when you have a quality striker you can get out of jail . No disrespect to Joey B , I thought the corners were better today .

Comment

Mark Robbins said that is the best his team has ever played since he became manager. And guess what, we were shite and still won (for the umpteenth time this season). The sign of a promotion winning side.

Comment

hi

i think we are missing the point that harry did want wells but hes been told no money available,wells would have been the last piece of jigsaw
                          so harry generally clugs up everry teams natural forward movenment as you saw yesterday even with there three forwards they could not break down the qpr defence which just remains absolutely a rock
                          we are now in the automatic [promotion point that we so much wanted ,we had a terrible december losing too many games
                          but we are now firmly in control and I expect us to keep this second in the table position so what more do you want
                          once we go up I hope we keep loic remy
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Austin is a CF type player that needs wing service, but I suspect our wide players are still struggling to fully recover from hamstring injuries and playing time has to be managed. If he was an Aguerro type striker with immense dribbling skills then our build up play may probably be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                              Austin is a CF type player that needs wing service, but I suspect our wide players are still struggling to fully recover from hamstring injuries and playing time has to be managed. If he was an Aguerro type striker with immense dribbling skills then our build up play may probably be different.
                              I understand what you mean and agree that is a strong point of Charlie's - but I think we need to recognise him as a whole lot more than that given the goals he has scored with zero service from the flanks
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X