On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Disappointing game of 2 halves, thought Blackburn could have been at least 2 up at half-time, Rangers were better in the second half with Phillips and Austin missing gilt edged chances.

I am sure people will bang on about formations and how 4-4-2 does not work,to me it is more about how players adapt to the job they are given, today Hoillet was given at least 6 opportunities to attack the full back on the outside, on all bar 1 he instead turned inside and got caught in possesion, on the other time the defender panicked, fouled Hoillet and was booked, to a lesser extent Phillips is the same, the wingers job is to get to the by line and whip the ball in.

In general today we gave the ball away cheaply, Barton was of pace today and had a poor game, as did many others, defence generally sound especially second half.
    MOTM for me was Hill who lead the defence superbly.

Special mention to Blackburns Scott Danns for being a cheating horrible dirty bar steward.

Hoilett is priming up to be one of the worst players I've seen in a hooped shirt. Even Tony Scully had more of an idea than him! I think a new junior toilet in the upper Loft would have been money better spent.

Comment

Joey had a poor game?? Jesus Christ. Huh??? Everything we did went through him. He hit at least four amazing passes, not least the amazing ball to BAE from which Austin hit the post. Only problem with his game today was that he was a tad ambitious with his passing. If that was a poor performance I pray Joey puts in others like it for the rest of the season. I agree that Clint was outstanding. I even forgive him the error in possession in the box second half largely because Joey was amiss in giving him the ball (but he did then dispossess the player this making up for the error).

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Joey had a poor game?? Jesus Christ. Huh??? Everything we did went through him
        Opinions, we all have them, poorest game he has had at home all season,however his standards are very very high

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
          Opinions, we all have them, poorest game he has had at home all season,however his standards are very very high
          Yeah we do. Regarding Joey you and I must have been at different games. We agree about Clint though. First half he was outstanding and he was excellent throughout

Comment

Good report and agree about Barton. One of his worst games this season but was one of our best players today.

Comment

barton played well i thought, benny mom for me just for that bit of world class skill he did on the wing to give charlie a open goal to miss!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Yeah we do. Regarding Joey you and I must have been at different games. We agree about Clint though. First half he was outstanding and he was excellent throughout
                I think he's referring to the fact that some of his passing and dead-ball deliveries weren't up to his usual high standards. Saying that he still ran the show, always showing for the ball and was absolutely everywhere. His fitness levels are phenomenal and IMO the fittest player in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  I think he's referring to the fact that some of his passing and dead-ball deliveries weren't up to his usual high standards. Saying that he still ran the show, always showing for the ball and was absolutely everywhere. His fitness levels are phenomenal and IMO the fittest player in the squad.
                  I could have fallen asleep in the first half as we were so poor. I am starting to feel a bit low as the team is not playing better after four months. It is great we have so many clean sheets but the team should be playing more flowing football than what we have seen. We give the ball away so cheaply and like to play it back and across the back four so much. This is stifling the attack.

Holiett is a major disappointment and should be discarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
                    We give the ball away so cheaply and like to play it back and across the back four so much. This is stifling the attack.
                    For me this is one of the biggest criticisms of our play at the moment. We slow the game down too much at times, which isolated AJ and Austin today so they don't know when to make their runs.

Comment

Totally agree with 77. I thought Barton was excellent today.

Comment

Working...
                      X