No announcement yet.

A player on Dexter Blackstock.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A player on Dexter Blackstock.........

In Four Four Two this month it has its usual interviews with players who are 'gonna make it.' Thye have a lad called Sean Morrisson in there this month.

He reckons his toughest opponent in his career so far was Dexter and I quote, ' I played against QPR's Dexter Blackstock in the Carling Cup and he plays on your shoulder, has good movement and you can't relax for a minute. He's good in the air, too.'

So obviously Dex is someone respected in the game. Oh well, we still have a sniff of the play offs and Helgusson is injured and Di Carmine has scored just 2 league goals. I know what, lets send him out on loan. Only that could happen at Rangers:confused::confused::confused::confused::co nfused::confused:
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

The blokes 18 years old, exactly how many good players would he have played against whilst playing for Swindon, to justify his statement. Blackstocks gone and hopefully wont be coming back. Get over it.:anger:

Comment

For the record I don't rate Blackstock. But he is the best of a very bad bunch of strikers that we do have. So you are happy that we have a sniff of the play offs: Helguson is injured, Agymang is injured, Vine hasn't played alll season, Balanta has scored 1 goal and all we have is Di Carmine who has scored 2 goals! Wrong time to get rid of Dex. I think anyone could see that!

There are some good strikers in League 1 that he has come up against Gary Hooper, Rikki Lambert, Jermaine Beckford, Matty Fryatt amd Stever Howard to name but a few! And some of our fans want to buy these strikers. I take the judgement of someone who has played against Dex rather than our own fans who get their updates by seeing them score the odd goal in a 10 second clip on Championship on a Sunday morning!
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        The blokes 18 years old, exactly how many good players would he have played against whilst playing for Swindon, to justify his statement. Blackstocks gone and hopefully wont be coming back. Get over it.:anger:
        He may be only 18 but he is a professional footballer and by analogy has made it a lot further up the ladder in this profession than any of us message board posting fans. His opinion is therefore relevant and based on fact rather than not. Obviously, we all know far more than anyone who plays the game at such a high level though :amazing::amazing:
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

You need to convince yourself that we are not going to get near the playoffs, otherwise you will be very dissapointed at the end of the season. It's all come to late as far as I'm concerned. We have to rely on to many teams above us slipping up and we also really need to win every game. When you consider we have not won 3 games on the bounce this season it all seems very unllikely. But still if your happy to believe we have a sniff of the playoffs and it makes you happy, so be it. As far as i'm concerned the season is over.

Comment

I disagree with this post & with Swindon Town player Sean Morrisson.
            I'm glad that we got rid of Dexter, we need to be more ruthless as a club, Dexter isnt one of our best players, but he's not one of our worst, he's mediocre, & he runs around with that dopey look on his face, by all accounts we have been offered good money for him, because Forest are desperate, this is good business practice by us for a change, it should be applauded!
            Now all we need is for Forest to stay up & we will be laughing all the way to the bank & Dexter will be running around with that dopey look on his face in Nottingham.

Comment

One of the most brainless comments ever, by someone who on his own admission hardly ever goes to a match. What the hell does having a dopey look on a face have to do with someone playing football? If you're trying to be funny, you've missed the mark by a long way. I do worry about some Rangers fans when I see comments like this, but then I shouldn't be too surprised after 30 odd years of hearing *****s #### off any youngsters playing in our first team !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooped67 View Post
                One of the most brainless comments ever, by someone who on his own admission hardly ever goes to a match. What the hell does having a dopey look on a face have to do with someone playing football? If you're trying to be funny, you've missed the mark by a long way. I do worry about some Rangers fans when I see comments like this, but then I shouldn't be too surprised after 30 odd years of hearing *****s #### off any youngsters playing in our first team !!!

I equate the "dopey" look on Blackstocks face to his lack of intelligence as a footballer, sad but true.
                And lets be brutally honest, we've all seen more than enough of Blackstock at QPR to know that its really not going to happen for him at Rangers.
                I'd rather go out there & sign someone who is more "switched on" I've had more than enough of old dopey brains for one lifetime thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooped67 View Post
                  Well done that man.
                  I couldn't be bothered argueing with the whole "dopey look" as it annoys me. It's just how he looks in general.

Either way, some fans have made their mind up and even if Dex scored 30 in a season, they'd be too stubborn to acknowledge his contribution.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Exactly.

Anyway in the Metro yesterday Blackstock quoted "The move isn't a view to a permament move"

Hmmm I hope the Metro quoted wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                      Well done that man.
                      I couldn't be bothered argueing with the whole "dopey look" as it annoys me. It's just how he looks in general.

Either way, some fans have made their mind up and even if Dex scored 30 in a season, they'd be too stubborn to acknowledge his contribution.
                      IF he scored 30 goals a season ??
                      that's a big IF isnt it ?!
                      Like I said he did OK for QPR, did well that season to keep us up along with Cookie, but hasnt kicked on since then, is a mediocre mid table Championship player at best & we need better than that if we want to move forward dont we ??
                      I really see it as a complete non issue, if Forest stay up & we get £1.85 Million for him, then that will be excellent business from us as a club for a change, should be applauded if anything.

Comment

Looking dopey hasn't held Gary Neville back in his career.

The harsh truth is that Dexter doesn't fit our system. I hope he does well, though with Charlton gone, Southampton gone next week when the league have found a way to dock them points, they're in a shootout with Plymouth, Norwich and Barnsley for one place.
                        Think they'll survive.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                          IF he scored 30 goals a season ??
                          that's a big IF isnt it ?!
                          Like I said he did OK for QPR, did well that season to keep us up along with Cookie, but hasnt kicked on since then, is a mediocre mid table Championship player at best & we need better than that if we want to move forward dont we ??
                          I really see it as a complete non issue, if Forest stay up & we get £1.85 Million for him, then that will be excellent business from us as a club for a change, should be applauded if anything.
                          I fail to see how It's good business mate.
                          Good business would be if we had 2 better strikers, or at least 1...We don't...Therefore, we now have a shocking set of goal scorers.

Dexter should not be surplus to requirements until we sign at least 2 better strikers. You p155 and moan that we aren't winning, or not scoring, yet leap for joy when we offload the only striker capable of scoring.

Makes no sense whatsoever.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            I fail to see how It's good business mate.
                            Good business would be if we had 2 better strikers, or at least 1...We don't...Therefore, we now have a shocking set of goal scorers.

Dexter should not be surplus to requirements until we sign at least 2 better strikers. You p155 and moan that we aren't winning, or not scoring, yet leap for joy when we offload the only striker capable of scoring.

Makes no sense whatsoever.
                            £1.85 Million is not good business for Dexter Blackstock ?
                            Best bit of business we've done in far too long IMO.

Comment

It would be good business if............and this is an even bigger if than your one of Dex getting 30 goals a season.....IF that money is spent on a striker that's going to make us forget how many times Briatore has laughed at us loyal fans in the past year and a half. Maybe then it will be good business.

Comment

Working...
                              X