If ticket prices went back to 07-08 levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ticket prices went back to 07-08 levels

there wouldn't be any problems would there?

Would you be happy to pay those prices, with a proviso that prices would jump say 25% when we get to the prem? Would it not be a wiser move by the board?

As it stands now, with having seen booing, player, manager and owner criticisms, we are probably facing the same thing again next year if results are not up to scratch.

Another season of expensive CCC football with no guarantee of promotion beckons. I am likely to go some walk ups and buy a half season ticket if the team looks good enough, after I've seen what new players come in. Losing my current seat is not the end of the world.

Good move.

How many more would re-new?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

it would mean they have to admit they failed, made a mistake and they won't do they...arrogance has no boundaries....egos can only get bigger...

the club /owners have created the monster....

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Good move.

How many more would re-new?
        Alot more

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
          it would mean they have to admit they failed, made a mistake and they won't do they...arrogance has no boundaries....egos can only get bigger...

the club /owners have created the monster....
          well, it's their problem not ours, we fell for it once, not again. why would anyone want to buy an expensive championship ST again, before we know what the strength of the team is? Yes, we have a good first eleven, but no quality depth. The club talk about keeping a spending grip on reality. well, we can play that game too.

Initial ST takeup next season will be lower. CERTAMONDO

only RESULTS will get gates up, and keep them there. CERTAMONDO

this moment in time, pre-prem, will be the only period where we have some sort of leverage on the club, where we vote with our wallets. Once in the prem, we've had it. Prices will start to go through the roof.

the club's project requires that everybody puts in, except themselves. That's my belief, and nothing I've seen so far contradicts that.

Comment

I agree with you Steve, my worry though is that if the owners are trying to make the club self sufficient and fans don't buy tickets what will they do. They are obviously not prepared to spend even more money on the club so if the money doesn't come from our pocket where does it come from? Only when they realise this will they drop the prices.

This season: 10K ST's @ £400 (not sure of the actual average is) = £4m

Next season the number will drop by at least 25%: 7½K @ 400 (not sure what the actual average will be) = £3m

or lower the price and even more than the 10k this year will turn up and you potentially have:

12½K @ average of £320 = £4m
            13K @ average of £300 = £3.9m
            14K @ avearge of £280 = 3.92m

If you dropped the average ST price by 30% I believe we could sell almost 14,000 STs (average home fan attendance) and still make as much money as we have this season.

Comment

If they did i might be able to get my old seat back

Unfortunately it's never gonna happen though

Can you imagine Flavio and co. saying they got it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                I agree with you Steve, my worry though is that if the owners are trying to make the club self sufficient and fans don't buy tickets what will they do. They are obviously not prepared to spend even more money on the club so if the money doesn't come from our pocket where does it come from? Only when they realise this will they drop the prices.

Next season the number will drop by at least 25%: 7½K @ 400 (not sure what the actual average will be) = £3m

or lower the price and even more than the 10k this year will turn up and you potentially have:

If you dropped the average ST price by 30% I believe we could sell almost 14,000 STs (average home fan attendance) and still make as much money as we have this season.

nowt wrong with the maths there sir

Comment

there's no face saving involved, the new rises haven't been published. all they have to do is make a big fanfare spin announcemount through the press, we were going to freeze prices, but now we've decided to drop them. problem solved.

if the existing prices don't sell, there'll not be much money for players, equals no promotion. the ball's in their court, the points are in ours.

Comment

if we alledgedly had 10,000 ST holders last year, how many use the MB's?

Comment

they never released actual numbers re sales of ssn tkts...but if we sold 10,000
                      and our average is 12500....away fans say, 1200-1500
                      so only 1000 pay on day???

seems wrong?

i reckon we had our lowest season tkt sales for yrs due to prices...
                      BEING TOO HIGH....another 1100 people lost jobs today at norwich union/aviva
                      we are in a "deep recession"....
                      ali russell told the lsa when he had been at club a short time, "those in the best seats will pay the best price"....i am in SAR with no leg room,no members bar, a stanchion in the view of the halfway line which is a bloody nuisance...for that i pay £599
                      imo NOT VFM.

Comment

Mod, there are ST holders near us in F block who don't turn up for all the games, especially midweek, but they tend to be the older concessions, so our tickets are cheaper anyway, We're row C, are you up the back?

Not a lot of people know this, but in row E, the legroom is 2" longer. We get there 45 mins before KO, and sometimes wander around the seats, looking at the different pitch views, and one day I just happened to notice that and measured it. What a sad life I have

I think the MB owners have missed a big chance of solidarity by not doing another leaflet drop. Surely we haven't got most match goers registered with one of them. What have we got (WATRB), a 1000 or so?

All I've been suggesting before is that we do a drop asking fans to register with one of the MB's. The message doesn't have to be anything provocative, just something like;

From time to time, we need to draw the club's attention to certain issues.
                        Please register with one of our message boards so that we can canvass opinions and put them forward.

wearetherangersboys.co.uk

qprdot.org

qprreport.com etc.

I'd be happy to help outwith distribution. So when we're having these meetings with the club, we can say we represent "x" 1000 members.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post

But that relies on a massive assumption that people will buy season tickets we probably have never had 14000 seson tickets regardless , charging more for less season tickets guarantees an income that is then topped up by match day sales. i think there is a slightly romantic notion that there are 5000 fans out there just waiting to dip there hands in their pockets and buy season tickets at a lower price.

just suppose the season ticket price is reduced and only another 1500 buy season tickets than this season then the club will have seriously reduced the revenue and all that goes with it!

Comment

all clubs want to get to the prem, but only QPR thinks it's OK to start charging prem prices now before we even get there. next season is no guarantee that we will be out of this division. prices should reflect the league you're in, ours don't.

Comment

yep i heard the front rows have longer leg room....but when we were moved by club from A BLOK..we needed 10 seats near each other and the back of F was it....

Comment

Working...
                              X