i think I can say I was right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think I can say I was right

my long argument that i have with people that it wasnt rodney matrsh stan bowles phil parkes paul parker les ferdinand etc that have made qpr great

it was really all about directors and managers

a little powerhouse of energy a man that sold two post office vans ever week a man who bought fish shops,a man who kept his most secret thoughts to himself including the fact he couldnt read or right

this man joined the directors of fulham there he saw the great rodney marsh

this man who may not have had any education but he had a fantastic sense of perception,yes he made qpr he built brand new stands,his desire knew no bounds
    he got such a thrill from the loftus road crowds,
    he watched carlise play qpr and picked out the great stanley bowles,realising his style was so much like rodney he now knew he could do the impossible he could sell rodney marsh for 200 000
    and then buy bowles for 110 000 and don givens for 40 000 so he ends up with two younger players and 50 thousand pounds in profit
    one of the saddest things about my life is that i never met jim i would so much like to thank him for what he created
    my first game was in 59-60 season i was far to young to really understand what was going on
    but by 1964 i realised that qpr would probabley never get out of the lower two divisions,brentford seemed so much more glamourus than us they had a ground that could hold 39 000 and up against our 25 000 ground they just looked to have a better future than us
    but cometh the great man and we sign jim langley ,keith sanderson,les allen rodney marsh ian watson etc and all of a suddden the locals that supported brentford started to look over in our direction
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

part two

part two
    it was so exiting this period in our history ,gregory didnt just want div two he wanted to go through two divisions and this little pocket battleship wasnt going to except any rational thoughts
    his obsessive greed which took no prisoners and knew no bounds wanted us at the top
    and nothing was going to stop this mans ambition and with his wealth he was never going to run out of amunition,jim gregory realised very early on in his career it wasnt the players that made a great club, it was the manager the one thing that seemed to destroy him was the loss of venables as a manager he knew that never again would we see the likes of venables again,he worked out a system that venables would own all the playing staff but the ground would stay as jims asset,but terry just wanted so much to be in charge of a massive club he wanted the glamour that he felt he was destined to be part of, as a player he was the only player ever to represent england at every level including amateur,although personally i didnt think he was much of a player in comparison with players like rodney marsh and stan bowles but venables was blessed as the most brilliant manager
    but in the same way as qpr didnt suit hughes ,this club suited venables completely he got us to fifth in the prem with ease
    SO TO FINISH OFF MY POINT I SAY THE MOST IMPORTANT SIGNINGS WE EVER MADE ARE THE GREAT MANAGERS THAT WE HAVE RECRUITED..............WE SALUTE YOU GUYS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE,VENNERS,SEXTON,STOCK,HOLLOWAY.WARNOCK,FRANCIS, SMITH,we love you guys
    come and join us ARRY REDKNAP SAVE OUR CLUB AND WIN US THE FA CUP
    Last edited by qprted; 19-11-2012, 04:09 PM.

More...

Comment

The fact we serve Pukka Pies makes our club great. None of that local farmer malarkey. Pukka Pies are the ones.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        The fact we serve Pukka Pies makes our club great. None of that local farmer malarkey. Pukka Pies are the ones.
        How many can you get down in one session Matty
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          How many can you get down in one session Matty
          Depends how hot they are - too hot and I usually burn me lip or tongue through eagerness to wolf the farker down so I cop the hump and give up. Given the right temperature though I can probably polish off at least 3 steak & kidneys. Have been known to see off 4 but I felt right minging afterwards, had to undo the belt n everything.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

yes

well in the world of pucka pies venables was the equivalent to one hundred pucker pies where as hughes is the equivalent of one chip

More...

Comment

Working...
            X