Are we deluded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we deluded?

We've spent a lot of money since Tony took over the club, and I for one was in good confidence that we would be a stable mid-table side with only a few summer signings. In my opinion we did some fantastic business this summer and almost took a top 10 finish for granted before the season started.

All the QPR-fans I've spoken to have been very optimistic about this team and what we are capable of, but the question is, is it Hughes who is deluded or is it us?

Many people have been talking about how much money we spent this summer, which was about £18m and we ended up 11th in the totaliser table of money spent by all Barclays Premer League clubs in the summer window of 2012. Both West Ham and Southampton spent more money than us, and look at where Southampton are now. Sam Allardyce, who many on here(including myself) would #### off if he would be linked with us have done a fantastic job with West Ham so far.

What I'm trying to say is maybe it's not only Hughes who is overrated, maybe it is the players? Maybe this team isn't that top 10 side as we predicted, maybe it is another ship destined for relagation battle and nothing no other manager can do about it?

Seriously, how long will Tony put up with this ****? Some day he'll realise that there is a minimum chance of making a profit on a football club or just lose patience with this project and sell while it's still worth something.

Please prove me wrong.

Maybe not as coherent as I wanted it but just had to get it out of my system.

Comment

u typing to yaself
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Many of us were over expectant and after all the downs we've had who can blame us.

Its like we are destined to never go that step further and become a big player in the english game.

Comment

Think its a bit of both mate.

The expectation is so high and I seriously still think our players believed at the start of the season, they just have to turn up and they will win.

Too many flair players and not enough Faurlins

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
            u typing to yaself
            Haha, yea exactly my thought

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMurph View Post
              Think its a bit of both mate.

The expectation is so high and I seriously still think our players believed at the start of the season, they just have to turn up and they will win.

Too many flair players and not enough Faurlins
              Indeed, sometimes I'd like to hire Warnock as motivator- doesn't quite feel like Sparky's got the spark.

Comment

Sparks spark well and truly gone. Will never get one of the big jobs.

Comment

diffirent people react to diffirent stimulus.Some need the hairdryer some need the hug some need none at all.Hard to find a balence that suits a whole squad
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I'm not deluded.......I'm the King of Spain and I know we will win the Champions league next year!

Comment

I reckon he lacks people skills which in turn must have an effect on morale. I don't expect him to be all over the players but I get the sense that he is a very cold manager and does not have enough interaction with the players

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                        diffirent people react to diffirent stimulus.Some need the hairdryer some need the hug some need none at all.Hard to find a balence that suits a whole squad
                        Very true. Too many fragile egos bouncing about in football.

Just read that secret footballer book and he pretty much confirms that.

Comment

Who is our mascot? Is that bloody cat back? If he is get rid of him.....Flav was onto something there I'm telling you

Comment

How was that book Northolt ?

Worth a read ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Who is our mascot? Is that bloody cat back? If he is get rid of him.....Flav was onto something there I'm telling you
                              We have our best season when he was kicked to the curb lol

Comment

Working...
                              X