Chel
    Luton

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Those are all rivalries of 80s tear ups ,
      Only ones that matter lol
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Pretty clear that everyone has different mindsets over the rivals, other than Chelsea.

I have never heard of Forest being a rival and only heard of Oxford through this. I wonder if they replicate the hatred?

Comment

"Stand up if you hate Chelsea" will always get more people standing than if you sang it about any other club

Comment

I reserve all my hatred for Chelsea , if I hated any other and it would only dilute my hatred for them and I'm not having any of that

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
              Pretty clear that everyone has different mindsets over the rivals, other than Chelsea.

I have never heard of Forest being a rival and only heard of Oxford through this. I wonder if they replicate the hatred?
              Nah, they don't.

I think Forest are quite content with Derby County as their rivals and Oxford have Swindon.

Like you, I have never heard of a rivalry with Nottingham Forest and I've been going for nearly 35 years!

Comment

fk brentford

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Nah, they don't.

I think Forest are quite content with Derby County as their rivals and Oxford have Swindon.

Like you, I have never heard of a rivalry with Nottingham Forest and I've been going for nearly 35 years!
                  We had a little bit going on with forest and oxford back in the day , they were always lively days out but that’s long gone , it’s not a rivalry .

Comment

We had a little bit going on with forest and oxford back in the day , they were always lively days out but that’s long gone , it’s not a rivalry .
                    Oxford, yes but honestly haven't heard about anything significant with Forest and went to see us play there often between 88 - 96. Honestly can't remember any significant trouble against them.

Comment

Do Oxford hate us? I don't even remember us playing them and I am 29.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                        Do Oxford hate us? I don't even remember us playing them and I am 29.
                        Milk Cup final was probably the most high profile game between us.
                        I have a vague recollection of going to Oxford in 80s and was surprised at the hostile reception we received.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Milk Cup final was probably the most high profile game between us.
                          I have a vague recollection of going to Oxford in 80s and was surprised at the hostile reception we received.
                          Oxford was row from10 in morning till late train we use to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Oxford, yes but honestly haven't heard about anything significant with Forest and went to see us play there often between 88 - 96. Honestly can't remember any significant trouble against them.
                            Went right off with them at our place in our milk cup run in 86 , night the floodlights failed and game had to be replayed .Then again up at theirs a few years after in the cup again , the night clough was slapping his own fans on the pitch .There were a few other occasions along the way too.

Comment

Went right off with them at our place in our milk cup run in 86 , night the floodlights failed and game had to be replayed .Then again up at theirs a few years after in the cup again , the night clough was slapping his own fans on the pitch .There were a few other occasions along the way too.
                              The cup game up there classic.pubs got done,think their supporters club got attacked,we was in side seats pinging Forrest lads around us,
                              wouldn't get away with it these days lol

Comment

Honestly don't remember those. (not including Clough of course)

Ipswich should also be mentioned as much as Forest then because the offs against them in the 80s were mental especially at Portman Road in the League Cup when it spilled over onto the pitch. Also a big one in the 70s when a famous fan - no names of course - did time for.

Comment

Working...
                                X