• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
    Has a knack of scoring goals by chasing down defenders I have him
    so does jamie mackie and for some fans that ain't enough

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Haven't rated him much for several years now, BUT if its true that our season ticket revenue is £5m, that is potentially what we appear to be about to spend on just a goalkeeper (Foster). On top of that we have been linked to Samba (£8m), De Jong (12m?), Diakite (£3.2m), Taiwo (£4m), Mosses (£5m), Jenas (£2m?). And before anyone says "TV revenue" how much do you think is left after you pay salaries for players and backroom staff etc etc. I'm not saying all these signings are going to come off, particularly De Jong, but it does appear the board is again prepared to spend some serious dosh. If Tony Fernandes has turned round and told Mark Hughes that he can't also have another £10/12m for a Defoe or some other expensive striker as he already has Cisse and Zamora as first choice and instead he has to go for the odd cheap, short term fix then as a fan base I don't think we should get too up ourselves and instead welcome him to the Loft.
      Well said

Comment

Originally posted by kenny_hoop View Post
        Getting rid of DJ Campbell for AJ! Come on Mark this is just stupid
        No news that DJ is going anywhere yet, and tbh out of the two i know which i would rather have.

Comment

On what basis is DJ any better than AJ? Besides being an R's fan.

AJ's certainly had the better career, but DJ scored more goals more recently (albeit playing in a Blackpool side that was suicidal all out attack.)

I still wake up at night screaming about that perfect cross of Adel's that DJ managed to scoop over vs Man U.

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
            Once we establish ourselves in the Prem we could have the luxury of buying young,untried talent!
            Totally agree, for now he is a good solid premiership striker who can score goals. We need to be realistic on who we can sign at the moment.
            COME ON YOU RRRRSSS

Comment

Exactly. People scream out for Rhodes or whoever the latest lower league hot shot is but these small clubs are understandably trying to get top dollar. We cd spend four million on someone like that and they turn out to be pony in the top flight. cisse cd be banned, zamora cd be injured for three months, we need someone who can slot straight into the first team. I also feel sorry for DJ but some of that prob is because he is a QPR fan - Mark Hughes sees him in training and probably knows a bit more about football than us lot, so to call him "stupid" might say more about the poster than about our manager. No one on here saw the point of Clint Hill, Shaun Derry or Jamie Mackie when they arrived but our manager did - and now they are prob among our most popular players. Building a squad is not all about getting star names.

Comment

Balanta will get a foot in to the first team this year hopefully, Thats like a new signing.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Exactly. People scream out for Rhodes or whoever the latest lower league hot shot is but these small clubs are understandably trying to get top dollar. We cd spend four million on someone like that and they turn out to be pony in the top flight. cisse cd be banned, zamora cd be injured for three months, we need someone who can slot straight into the first team. I also feel sorry for DJ but some of that prob is because he is a QPR fan - Mark Hughes sees him in training and probably knows a bit more about football than us lot, so to call him "stupid" might say more about the poster than about our manager. No one on here saw the point of Clint Hill, Shaun Derry or Jamie Mackie when they arrived but our manager did - and now they are prob among our most popular players. Building a squad is not all about getting star names.
                  Hear, hear.

Infact, too many star names often can be counter-productive.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    Hear, hear.

Infact, too many star names often can be counter-productive.
                    Joey Barton & Adel are a case in point. If we had eleven blokes with Mackie's attitude (and the ability to use both feet) we would have a great side.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                      Joey Barton & Adel are a case in point. If we had eleven blokes with Mackie's attitude (and the ability to use both feet) we would have a great side.
                      Pretty much what we had in the early to mid 90's!

Plus. I'd imagine if anyone did start to get a bit too big for their boots the they'd have Big Mac on their case PDQ...... And you wouldn't want to be arguing with him!

Mac: "Joey. STFU."

Barton "Yes sir."
                      Last edited by maverick69; 01-06-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

To be fair, Johnson and Zamora were a fantastic partnership at fulham. Andy johnson brought in as a squad player? - Yes please.

Comment

I think it could be shrewd business we are not paying transfer fee an Johnson isn't as bad as you guys are makin out! He certainly will add experience and depth in squad! I would of loved him to of had him available when cisse went AWOL so personally good sensible signing!
                          Obviously Hughes rates him and trusts him! There are other areas in the squad we need to priorities spending money on before we spend huge sums on strikers!

Comment

Free transfer & Hughes rates him. I don't see the problem if he wants to be back up striker as he's okay
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Are we getting to big for our boots? Johnson 2 year back we would've loved.still a good player as he showed against us.what's changed? In sparky we trust!!!
                              It´s all about what Hughes want. Besides, I agree with the poster above. He is a player who can create space for others. DJ. is never fit.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
                                We need someone hungry like jordan rhodes or jay rodriguez but its wether they can make the step up to the prem
                                I'd rather not pay 7m for someone completely unproven in the league. At least we know AJ can score goals and is an absolute menace to defenders, and he's free.

Comment

Working...
                                X