currie gives hoddle the runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currie gives hoddle the runs

30 Years ago today. Photos of that banner made the papers and what a great day it was as we nicked 1-1 draw. Murdered spurs in replay but lost 1-0! i remember standing outside in huge crowd waiting for gates to open when some spurs came round looking for trouble and had to retreat under a barrage of half full beer tins that came their way!

I remember making a banner saying 'Our Bobby stops Crooks' and thinking I was really clever. Until I arrived at Wembley and saw half a dozen more!!!

Comment

Hoddle is a Doodle but Hazel is no Nut

nm

Comment

This is spooky... sitting at work today not knowing it was 30 years ago to the day and before reading this thread, the image of that banner popped into my head! Weird, must have been my QPR subconcious

Comment

Was at both games,how well did Hucker play especially in the first game.

Comment

i took a rake of photos that day and have a photo of the currie burns hoddle banner cant remember the fellas name holding it i think he was a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_QPR View Post
              Was at both games,how well did Hucker play especially in the first game.
              hucker was brilliant that day but how we lost the replay??
              long gone are the ol' fashioned banners held up-more flags now. shame.
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                30 Years ago today. Photos of that banner made the papers and what a great day it was as we nicked 1-1 draw. Murdered spurs in replay but lost 1-0! i remember standing outside in huge crowd waiting for gates to open when some spurs came round looking for trouble and had to retreat under a barrage of half full beer tins that came their way!
                yes i remember it like it was yesterday.....spurs even to this day accept we had a very very tidy set of chaps at that game...........the stonebridge park 'posse' will concur after our 'meet n greet' with em as well
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Bumped in view of the Currie thread.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Bumped in view of the Currie thread.
                    Confused the heck out of me seeing this, I was just about to reply to Facto about the Stonebridge pose and welcome him back.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Confused the heck out of me seeing this, I was just about to reply to Facto about the Stonebridge pose and welcome him back.
                      Sorry mate. I just Googled my banner and it came up

Comment

Haha great memories - thanks

Comment

I'm sure I remember seeing one that day that said Currie lays on more balls than Joan Collins

Comment

and " why IS my bird like spurs , they both have 2 big T*TS up front " have a pic of that banner

Comment

Working...
                            X