Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
    This club is strange.
    - that's the best summary of our club I've heard in years; nail on head...

The following sums up exactly how I feel about our club very nicely...
    http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=164727

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Be honest and I know everyone sees me as spinning it, but the guy looked class when i saw him play.

Pellicori is more a target man and will be a squad player in my view

Pete, we have allegedly paid £1,000,000 for a squad player are you sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        [/B]

Pete, we have allegedly paid £1,000,000 for a squad player are you sure.
        It sounds more like Pete dumbing down expectations. Perhaps the Italian is another Di Carmine?
        QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Tim Vickery also commented on Faurlin on BBC 5 live's "World football phone in". He basically said that for £3.5 million, we could have bought their whole squad, stadium and first born children.

He, as all of us bar Pete have, smelled a very large and very odourous rat.

Comment

I agree with Davman and believe the fee is far less than the £3.5M that is being banded about.

I think the 'fee' incudes wages £1.5-2M?), and a £500K fee to Inter Milan to buy him out of an agreement to join them, as well as a fee (£1M?) to Instituteo?

It is bad to not announce the real price, because it puts extra pressure on Faurlin to succeed and it also implies that QPR are trying to spend their way to the Prem League, which judging from other signings, is clearly not the case.

On another note, it will be interesting to see if Forest do manage to go up or not.

If they do, perhaps FB & Co. will then stop trying to win promotion on the cheap.
            If they fail, I suspect it will be business as usual for 2010/11.

Comment

All the discussion about Faurlin is about the deal.

Let's hope, when we see him play, we're discussing a quality signing.
              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

I really don't believe we paid that money for him but if we didn't why was tim vickery talking about the fee like it was true and the fee for faurlin made the headlines in Argentina?
                "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

The fee is just spin to get supporters to purchase season tickets end of. Ive been told by a reliable source (and no it wasnt hp or daddys before the jokes start ) that he is a quality player, is hard in a tackle and can spray the ball which is good news. It is bad what the club have done but they have just marketed it in a way that made us belive we shelled out all that dosh for him. Its all based on transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, apperances, if we go up and if we break the top 4.

Comment

It really worries me that there are some out there that believe what we're told without question. There's no way we'll spend any more than 1m on a single player if recent history is anything to go by.

I mean that's at least two consecutive transfer windows where we've actually made a net gain. Says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by wozzawears21 View Post
                      The fee is just spin to get supporters to purchase season tickets end of. Ive been told by a reliable source (and no it wasnt hp or daddys before the jokes start ) that he is a quality player, is hard in a tackle and can spray the ball which is good news. It is bad what the club have done but they have just marketed it in a way that made us belive we shelled out all that dosh for him. Its all based on transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, apperances, if we go up and if we break the top 4.
                      in all honesty, i think your "bang on" :waaaht:

Comment

Working...
                      X