Tim Vickery talks about Faurlin on talksport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Vickery talks about Faurlin on talksport

Tim vickery spoke tonight about the "crazy" transfer fee for faurlin, he also said that many argentinian first division teams were in for him but were "scared off" by the 3.5million bid that qpr put in and other teams were blown out of the water by this.

He said of Faurlin that he is a young athletic player who can play in the center of midfield or on the left wing.

That was all he said really, interesting really this guy knows his stuff
    "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Time will tell, hopefully he turns out to be a fantastic player for us.

Comment

Be honest and I know everyone sees me as spinning it, but the guy looked class when i saw him play.

Pellicori is more a target man and will be a squad player in my view
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Bwarren20 View Post
        Tim vickery spoke tonight about the "crazy" transfer fee for faurlin, he also said that many argentinian first division teams were in for him but were "scared off" by the 3.5million bid that qpr put in and other teams were blown out of the water by this.
        Interesting read - wish I'd heard him as when we first signed him he basically said he knew nothing about him. I agree, he is a well respected and knowlegeable guy so he must have gone and done some research.
        Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM. Reason: Missed the [/QUOTE] off the end of Bwarren20's bit! :D
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Be honest and I know everyone sees me as spinning it, but the guy looked class when i saw him play.

Pellicori is more a target man and will be a squad player in my view
          We need to stop signing 'squad players' Agyemang and Helguson are squad players,sign someone whos going to go straight into the first XI and do the business.
          Id be amazed if Pellicori scores more than 5 goals.

Comment

i for one think Pellicori will suprise alot of people this season. as long as this kid isnt another ledesma wansn't his price tag near £3.5 mil?

Comment

Originally posted by qprsuttz View Post
              i for one think Pellicori will suprise alot of people this season. as long as this kid isnt another ledesma wansn't his price tag near £3.5 mil?
              no 2 million EURO,aprox£1.5 million at the time

Comment

I think Pellicori will surprise afew too,he will turn out to be worse than Di Carmine.

Comment

ive been to only 1 game pre season - southampton

too early to make a judgement on pellicori

dont get me wrong i want a top striker, beckford and other names banded around wont produce the goods imo

beckford is unproven at this level

lets see what happens

Comment

He said of Faurlin that he is a young athletic player who can play in the center of midfield or on the left wing.

I saw Faurlin play against my local club here in Argentina. He certainly looks a very good player (the night I saw him he was on a par with Ariel Ortega who has played for Argentina and was loaned by River Plate to our local club).

However I just cannot believe the fee. Argentinean football is in a state of crisis. The season has been postponed until such a time as the clubs can afford to pay their players the wages they are owed. 3.5 million would damn near buy you a club here at the moment! What is more there has been little or no mention of it here in Argentina and believe me when an Argentine goalkeeper was linked to QPR last year the television interviewed the supposedly only QPR fan in Buenos Aires on national television (you have to love the Argentine media!).

Also if we think that Rodrigo Palacio (Boca) have recently just transferred to Genova for a purported 2 to 3.5 million euros it just makes no sense. Palacio was the top scorer in the Premier divison here 2 years ago, played 8 times for Argentina and was linked to Arsenal last year prior to getting injured. If we have paid more for Faurlin than Boca got for Palacio I would cry because in doing so we would have passed up an opportunity to solve a glaring problem over the past couple of years - namely that of a goalscoring striker.

Believe me I am not saying that Faurlin is not worth it (with all the crazy money being thrown about now it will probably be good business if he adapts to the CCC) and I sincerely hope that he is. My concern is that we have a lop sided squad - who is there to challange Cerny or what happens if both Connolly and Gorkss are both suspended or injured at the same time?

Ironically my hopes for this year are higher than those of last year Buzz, Rowlands and Vine all back (23 goals between them 2 seasons ago) but what happens if they don't recapture their form eg Cook? If we did spend 3.5 million on Faurlin in my opinion we would have been better off spending it to bring in a left back, a goalkeeper and a goal poacher in to ensure we could gain direct promotion as opposed to fighting for a playoff spot. If Faurlin turns out to be a star what is likely to happen if we finish mid table? Things at the moment seem to suggest that if he is happy he'll stay eg Connolly and if he is unhappy we'll let him go and then have to hope as supporters that the fee will be used to buy new players. Either way it is not a good result for us.

Comment

he actually said the same thing a few weeks back on radio 5 live world football show (goes out in the early hours of the morning)

he also said what QPR mendoza has said, that Argentinian football is in a real bad way at the moment (no doubt suggesting we could have picked up a lot cheaper) :cry:

again he just couldn't believe the fee:waaaht::waaaht:

but..............if he turns out to be a gem, then we could have picked up a "goldmine"

Comment

£3.5m is NOT the fee and is nowhere near the fee. It is spin, spin and more spin (as usual). The deal was worth £3.5m is what was said, but there is no mention what it includes. Say, for example, it includes wages of £10k per week over a four year deal; that's 4 x 52 x 10k = £2.1m in wages. Get the picture?

Say, add ons relating to our performance of 500k and the fee is looking somewhere around the £1m, which is much, much more believable.

If it were a fee of £3.5m, Faurlin would be our record signing and this is what the official site would have proclaimed. They didn't, because they don't actually lie, they spin.

Simples really.

Comment

Well is up to jim and john to coach him now into something special...

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                            Well is up to jim and john to coach him now into something special...
                            you for real? tell me you dont really believe that coaches can do that??

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                              £3.5m is NOT the fee and is nowhere near the fee. It is spin, spin and more spin (as usual). The deal was worth £3.5m is what was said, but there is no mention what it includes. Say, for example, it includes wages of £10k per week over a four year deal; that's 4 x 52 x 10k = £2.1m in wages. Get the picture?

Say, add ons relating to our performance of 500k and the fee is looking somewhere around the £1m, which is much, much more believable.

If it were a fee of £3.5m, Faurlin would be our record signing and this is what the official site would have proclaimed. They didn't, because they don't actually lie, they spin.

Simples really.
                              But why do that? Puts pressure on the player and gives supporters and pundits ammunition. Why didnt they do the same when we signed Routledge for example that the 'deal is worth' x amount or millions once we've paid his salary for 3 years, gor promoted, won the champions league and stuff?

This club is strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X