No announcement yet.

Remembering First Games Of The Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering First Games Of The Season?

I can remember most recently the 5-0 drumming of Blackpool, but what are your memories on the first game of the season?

Always expect a great atmsophere, but have to say it rarely is
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Blackpool, Arsenal away first game of 91 - 92 season i remember (dont know why), boiling hot and it finished 1-1.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Losing 4-1 away at Villa in 93=94

Comment

Brentford away 65 [my 1st away game ] lost 6-1 . And you think players get stick now
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Derby away 1975/75 season - we walloped the then champions 5 v 1 we were 5 nil up at one stage what a season !

Comment

West Ham away 1987/88 .

Jim Smith's new sweeper system. Gave debuts to Paul Parker, Dean Coney, Mark Dennis and Kevin Brock - we absolutely creamed them. 3-0 inside 20 minutes with Bannister, Brock and an oggy getting the goals. Best opening day performance I can remember as it came completely out of the blue.

Comment

Away at Old Trafford a couple of times, once in the 80's when they confronted us by the cricket ground and the OB had a go at us for being there in the first place and again in the 90's when a young kid called Gallen scored but it wasn't counted.
              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                Blackpool, Arsenal away first game of 91 - 92 season i remember (dont know why), boiling hot and it finished 1-1.
                Seem to remember that game as Gerrys first game in charge, played very well and loads of Rangers in the clock end which I have to say was my favourite away end of the time
                From the Hills of Kerry
                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Remember a right old hammering at the dell 86-87 losing 5-1!!!

Comment

Last season at home to Barnsley was pretty dire.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                    X