Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Give me 4 million and I'll get you Beckford"

Who said that?

Would you agree they are either a football genius who is adept at spotting players and getting them for a bargain.... or a rambling lunatic?

Clue --- same person also let same player slip through his fingers with Waddock when he was on trial
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

I'm nit taking the micky mate, but I can't make any sense of the clue given
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Thing is LBLOCK - I spoke to the man himself last week and had a dig at him about him allegedly saying if you give me £4M I'll go and get him.
      The conversation according to what he told me was If you (FB) give me £4M I'll go and get him - not you (the fans) - when I queried on the basis of what was said on here last week He quite logically said - do you think I'm that mad - with the kind of people in charge of the club now it would be utter madness to suggest to the fans that they should be raising those kind or any kind of substantial sums.

I know the usual knockers will say he is spinning and spouting as usual but it was a very quick and genuine reaction followed up with some good logic.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Well i was there when he said it but i took it more as a toungue in cheek coment that if he had 4 mill to spend he would spend it on Beckford !!!!!
        Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
          Well i was there when he said it but i took it more as a toungue in cheek coment that if he had 4 mill to spend he would spend it on Beckford !!!!!
          GP would have spent it if the man would have given him it. He said if you give me £4Mil Ill get him. Flab said not worth it. Nuffield, if you think back did he say "if you" in the context of a current conversation or relaying a conversation in the past tense. Deep I know, but I really believe him and have no hidden agenda as I'm not in the GP camp or any other for that matter. Just a Rangers fan for years and years that want's a balanced view......and a decent striker too
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

£3.5 for an unknown but the wont pay the cash for somone we all know that will find the net and would cut it in this division

Comment

Well I think the point missing here is:-

£4million is a ludicrous figure to even contemplate.

He could've had the player for £250k 2 and a bit years ago

Discussing transfer targets and valuations in public is (you know the rest)

Jerry is a Harrow lad and would welcome a return to London, Ken ******Bates will let him go of that I'm sure but will need a fee of £1m + if not now then in January.
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                Well I think the point missing here is:-

£4million is a ludicrous figure to even contemplate.

He could've had the player for £250k 2 and a bit years ago

Discussing transfer targets and valuations in public is (you know the rest)

Jerry is a Harrow lad and would welcome a return to London, Ken ******Bates will let him go of that I'm sure but will need a fee of £1m + if not now then in January.
                Just an hout ago Simon Grayson was interviewed on Talk Sport. Regarding Beckford he said "2 weeks ago, even before we sold Delph for £8M, the chairman told me we would not be selling Bexkford at any price....he is prepared to take the risk on Jermain's contract running out and him leaving on a free next year".

I guess the risk is he stays and bangs em in again this season, Leeds get promoted and Beckgord signs a new deal with them for next season?

Only quoting exactly what the manager said this morning.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I agree with what Ken Bates says, but if someone offered him £2M for Beckford he would take it in a heartbeat. What he wont accept is a stupid amount like the £750K - £1M people on here are saying we should offer Leeds, because his goals will be the difference of a good season or not, Leeds pushing for the play off's or promotion and him staying there will get more bums on seats, meaning he will get more revenue and maybe a promotion, so why give him away.

He will walk regardless but fair play to Ken on this stance as he knows how good he is,

Comment

get me spencer and sheron and ill guarantee promotion.

Comment

Working...
                    X