This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Ingham

I was speaking to a friend of the Ingham family last night and they told me that Tony was not well and very frail at the moment. They also said that he had mentioned that he felt that QPR as a club had forgotten about him, which I thought was very sad for a man who did so much for this club both on and off the field.

Does anyone who has any links to the club know if they are aware he is not well.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

I will let someone at the club know about this
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

if true its another indication of how far removed the board are from us - we as fans have always been able to approach the playing staff because of the "family thing" that exsists at Loftus Road - the board i feel don't understand this...our idea of tradition and their idea of it differs vastly IMO

Comment

That is very, very sad and another example of the people in power not understanding what this club is about.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I agree, perhaps they should visit the Tony Ingham suite to get an idea who he is.

Comment

Get well Tony
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Kingo, could you PM me an address or number?
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                Kingo, could you PM me an address or number?
                I know he lives in Stanmore and I will look into getting his full address from the people I know. It would be nice if the club could contact him but I also think it would be nice if we as supporters let him know he is not forgotten.

Comment

sadly the last 2 posters reflect the feelings that most people i speak to have about the board - can't someone speak with the board and get them to understand just what type of club they've got involved with - i'm sure that if they took a Jim Gregory type approach to us the majority of fans would get more behind them - instead of hoping/waiting for them to fail - lets be fair we should all be in it together - "WE ARE QPR"

Comment

Originally posted by crossborderexile View Post
                    sadly the last 2 posters reflect the feelings that most people i speak to have about the board - can't someone speak with the board and get them to understand just what type of club they've got involved with - i'm sure that if they took a Jim Gregory type approach to us the majority of fans would get more behind them - instead of hoping/waiting for them to fail - lets be fair we should all be in it together - "WE ARE QPR"
                    Absolutely.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Kingo, the fans will never forget him.

I would even drive down there and talk to him, if he is not to frail. Would be great for him to relive memories and we can put it up on the site

Comment

Good idea about putting it on the site, but how about the club get someone to interview him and then put it up on the screen before a game and/or at half time. He can tell all those who are too young to remember him at the club (me for a start) what he enjoyed about the club and some of his memories. We can really put that screen to good use reliving memories of former players, managers and staff could be one way to do it.

Comment

I don't think Tony's illness is a new thing. I believe he has been ill for a couple of years and hasn't been down to QPR in that time, maybe since before we have had the new owners?

I used to see him regularly walking into the stadium but haven't seen him for some time. I'm sure I saw something on another message board about Tony's health some time ago but I can't remember when as I'm not a spring chicken myself.

Maybe the owners aren't aware of him and his importance to the club. I'm sure that they'd want to do something good if they were aware of his situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartRs View Post
                            I don't think Tony's illness is a new thing. I believe he has been ill for a couple of years and hasn't been down to QPR in that time, maybe since before we have had the new owners?

I used to see him regularly walking into the stadium but haven't seen him for some time. I'm sure I saw something on another message board about Tony's health some time ago but I can't remember when as I'm not a spring chicken myself.

Maybe the owners aren't aware of him and his importance to the club. I'm sure that they'd want to do something good if they were aware of his situation.
                            You are right he has been ill for some time now, but he has become very frail recently. This was not meant to be a dig at the board it was just to see if the club and also us as supporters were aware of his position. I think his feeling of being 'forgotten' goes back a while. Anyway I will look to get Pete some info and hopefully we can make him feel a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I agree, perhaps they should visit the Tony Ingham suite to get an idea who he is.
                              Wouldn't surprise me if they changed it from the Tony Ingham suite to the Bella Pasta such is their apparent view on all things traditional at LR. Tony is a lovely man who,was captain and left back for the club in my early visits to QPR in the 50's.My thoughts are with him and his family and hope he gets better soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X