Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£600 for a season ticket should equal a top striker....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £600 for a season ticket should equal a top striker....

NOT phucking Dele Adebola who is 33 years old and plays for an average Championship side.

Sort it out Gianni!

If we are going to pay top whack for our season tickets again, then we need to bring in top quality!

I know if I go to a top department store then I need to pay top whack for the goods. If I want to pay less, then I shop at Lidls or somewhere!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    NOT phucking Dele Adebola who is 33 years old and plays for an average Championship side.

Sort it out Gianni!

If we are going to pay top whack for our season tickets again, then we need to bring in top quality!

I know if I go to a top department store then I need to pay top whack for the goods. If I want to pay less, then I shop at Lidls or somewhere!
    Who would you like us to sign?

Comment

someone on par with ebanks blake would be nice, a top championship striker

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
        someone on par with ebanks blake would be nice, a top championship striker
        Arguably you have to take a striker from an average Championship team and turn them into a top striker. All top strikers either play in the premiership or go to teams who are ambitious and likely to be challenging for the title.

Who in the Championship is a top striker that would come to us?

Comment

Gary Hooper would be a big improvement on Adebola.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Arguably you have to take a striker from an average Championship team and turn them into a top striker. All top strikers either play in the premiership or go to teams who are ambitious and likely to be challenging for the title.

Who in the Championship is a top striker that would come to us?
            i rate priskin or smith from watford.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
              Gary Hooper would be a big improvement on Adebola.
              How do we know? He has played 18 matches in the Championship for Southend and didn't score. His record in the lower leagues is good but at least with Adebola (who I don't think we should be targetting) has a half decent record at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
                i rate priskin or smith from watford.
                I rate Smith a lot. I would definitely prefer him to Adebola and all the other names touted at the moment. Priskin is still young and has 10 league goals this season so not bad but I wouldn't say either are in the same mould or quality as Ebanks-Blake.

Comment

How do we know? He has played 18 matches in the Championship for Southend and didn't score. His record in the lower leagues is good but at least with Adebola (who I don't think we should be targetting) has a half decent record at this level.
                  But we already have a similar player in Agyemang.That's why i don't think he is worth going for.If Pat could rediscover his shooting boots like when he first joined he would be great.

Comment

I rate Smith a lot. I would definitely prefer him to Adebola and all the other names touted at the moment. Priskin is still young and has 10 league goals this season so not bad but I wouldn't say either are in the same mould or quality as Ebanks-Blake.
                    if we got frazier campbell on season long loan that would be quality.

Comment

But we already have a similar player in Agyemang.That's why i don't think he is worth going for.If Pat could rediscover his shooting boots like when he first joined he would be great.
                      True but we need 4-5 strikers just like Wolves, Reading and Birmingham have. Adebola, Agyemang, Vine, Balanta and 1 other would give us good attacking options. Vela and Van Persie are similar as are Eduardo and Arshavin but it gives Wenger options if he has injuries. I think 60 mins of Adebola followed by 30 impact minutes of Agyemang would be better IMO than 90 mins of SDC.

Comment

True but we need 4-5 strikers just like Wolves, Reading and Birmingham have. Adebola, Agyemang, Vine, Balanta and 1 other would give us good attacking options. Vela and Van Persie are similar as are Eduardo and Arshavin but it gives Wenger options if he has injuries. I think 60 mins of Adebola followed by 30 impact minutes of Agyemang would be better IMO than 90 mins of SDC.
                        The trouble is it is hard to attract 4 or 5 decent strikers to our club.And we don't seem too keen to spend the money it would take to attract the right people.

Comment

I reckon F Eastwood could do a job for us.Know hes been off the boil since Southend but belive he will come good again.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

The trouble is it is hard to attract 4 or 5 decent strikers to our club.And we don't seem too keen to spend the money it would take to attract the right people.
                            Then we won't get promotion. Every team suffers from a major injury and next season will be no different for us. If we don't have strength in depth we will struggle. If we choose not to resign Lopez because Buzsaky is back then what happens if we get injuries. Although Wolves were running away with it at Christmas they strengthened with Reid, Ward and Harewood. We need to be prepared to do the same of face doing "an Arsenal", which is allow other teams to catch up because you aren't prepared to spend. Arsenal didn't bring in players when the other teams around them spent big and are now facing their 4th season in a row without a trophy.

Comment

Agree
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X