Get Your Teeth Into This..Club News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Teeth Into This..Club News

We play Bahrain in Bahrain on or around the 5th May. (won't happen if we get into play offs)

We are taking a continental striker with us and he will travel with the club on 5th May. ( He won't sign before).

Adebola is being touted by several clubs and we are interested.

Lopez agent is trying to get him to sign, but since his great free kick the price has shot up, the club are still thinking about the transfer. It is a big increase on what he is getting now.

Plans to reduce the wage bill for next season, possibly by introducing bonuses for going up to the premiership instead of match by match bonuses.

The budget for the summer will not excessive, but based more on what we can make on certain players being sold.

Blackstock asked for a move after being left out of the squad completely against Bristol City. He was devastated and when Forest came in, he took the opportunity of first team football. He will not stay at Forest, if they get relegated. He is on various bonuses scoring/keeping them up etc. Dexter felt he was being chooped and changed too much, having played at Southampton and being dropped completely within a week.

We are looking at 2 or 3 strikers in the summer and one midfielder from another championship club. I cannot give any names at this stage, also a little interest in a young player at Arsenal. Players will be released or sold in the summer, but Harry redknapp does want to keep Tarrabt at Spurs. Thats good news for us, as it looks very much like he will loan the kid to us for the season. We did take a look at De Santos before he went to Ipswich, but he wanted far more money than Tarrabat. No truth in re-loaning Parrott from Spurs. He is still very much learning his trade at Tottenham.

The club should decide in the next few days about extending the early bird price. My gut reaction is that it will be extended to end of MAY. Hopefully if the meeting goes ahead we can confirm this, and I more optimistic than hopeful.

Thats about it, keep tuned into wearetherangerboys.com
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    We play Bahrain ... won't happen if we get into play offs
    Good one
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Further to Peters post, I can confirm Flavio has a lift which goes right into the centre of his office. ;)
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Slippers only may I add.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

pete do you feel there is any truth to this sousa being demoted lark?
          Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
            pete do you feel there is any truth to this sousa being demoted lark?
            If you take the rumours of potential demotion and of this list of possible targets together: either the demotion talk is 100% bs or it remains a fact that the manager has no say in or input in transfers/transfer targets as it would be utterly crazy to look to sign players he wants if you are then going to either sack or demote him.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

with all due respect, you give the SOusa the budget.

What players does he bring in, into championship level?

Comment

so trip to bahrain...a definite may 5th then.
                early bird...an extension seems best.
                adebola...go away, in strongest terms...he signs, def def def not renewing.
                dex wanted out..well wouldn't you?
                and as for the treatment of borrowdale, a disgrace.
                WHO'D SIGN FOR QPR NOW?
                i hope he sues the club for breach of contract or something, awful how he's been treated, wages or no.
                still theres vine back, next season....whats the point?
                why paper over the cracks?
                briatore=ridsdale

Comment

But at least at Leeds they had some fun before it all went horribly wrong. What do we get? A couple of seasons of being ripped off, and fed a load of rubbish by "sauces" at the club !!!

Comment

Thats for the managers and his scouts to discuss, i'm sure the quality of player would improve if PS was given free reign over transfers
                    Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

How did Roberto Martinez know anything about Jason Scotland?

You've said yourself Sousa has watched hours and hours of DVDs. He has also played against 22 of the 24 Championship sides so has seen who is good/bad and indifferent. He also has worked and played with some of the best footballers the world has ever seen - Rui Costa, Figo, Ronaldo etc so I think he knows what talent is.

Compare that to Paladini and Briatore and what do they know about Championship football?

Comment

I think i'd rather have ridsdale than briatore

hmm, actually, i dunno...might as well flip a coin on that one

Comment

Scott, Risdale keeps fish like us.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            Scott, Risdale keeps fish like us.
                            Briatore arranges for people to sleep with them no doubt lol

Comment

So Pete is there a fish tank in Briatore's office?
                              With piranhas maybe and big enough to push insolent managers in?
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X