Advice on bringing my 3yr old Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"oh ffs" etc but nothin the boys aint used to hearin

I wasn't put in an enviroment to hear that at 3 years of age.

Don't get me wrong I used to beg my dad when I was around 4 to go along with my dad and my brother but he was spot on to hold me back, as I really appreciated it when I did go and have had many great years down there since.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

3 years old, 5 years old? theyre gonna hear it neway mate at some point, i dont think u can say they would be better prepared for it when they are older, because they would have more knowledge of bad words. i went to football from a very young age and have been brought up in that kind of "enviroment" and i turned out pretty good, it does them no harm and its something to really look forward to most saturdays.

Comment

Took my daughter when she was pretty young. Can't remember who we were playing, but it may have been Huddersfield. She did all the usual fidgety stuff, but watched most of the first half OK and I thought she was taking it all in.

Then at half time, she asked me which way QPR were kicking!! Girls and football don't mix! [Tin hat on]

Comment

Ramsey tin hat should be on.
          I agree to a certain extent but I think Cait is one of the best posters on this board and I pretty sure she is a woman from venus.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by crossborderexile View Post
            sounds great - give my regards to "Charlie boy" - really hope he enjoys it mate - glad to see you carrying on the tradition - afterall why should he be allowed to miss the suffering we've all endured ? good luck
            Cheers mate I'll do all I can to make sure we all have a great time and Charlie has fun!
            "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              I am sorry a cinema is slightly different to what I expect a full and very loud QPR stadium. You always get silly sods that shout awful things. A scary enviroment for a 3 year old. I was 7 when I went to my 1st game and I was old enough to enjoy it. U don't want to scare the poor little kid. Pubs and stadiums are not the right place for a 3 year old he has plenty of years to suffer with us why rush him into it.
              He won't be going anywhere near a pub that's for sure! and will be in the family stand inside the stadium for a reason and that's so it's not so intimidating for him, made sure we got the tickets in the corner of the lower loft by SA road so it's not so rowdy.

His attention span is good as he can sit through long films at a cinema and I've never said that a football ground is like a cinema.

The way I see it is I'm taking him out for the day and he'll be fed, bathed and in bed fast asleep by 8 so no harm done what so ever
              "The New Era"

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                well like i said mate, ive taken mine to a few and my youngest is 3 and he loves it. it really depends on the child, mine are like urs, they can sit thru a film in the cinema without a peep. so id imagine ur lad is gonna be fine, have a top day mate
                Thanks mate we will do our best to have a top day thanks for your advise
                "The New Era"

Comment

Bwarren why don't you give the club a ring - they used to do annoucements and scoreboard messages for kids making their first visit to Loftus Road - that would certainly put a sparkle in "Charlie boy's" eyes - i live in Airdrie now and due to a dental appointment am unable to make saturday - my first game will be Forest at home - put up a post to let us know how it all went - hope the boy enjoys it - my first game way back in 1960/61 was by way of a punishment - i'd been fighting with my brother all week so my mum sent me along with my uncle - they've been punishing me ever since !

Comment

Originally posted by crossborderexile View Post
                    Bwarren why don't you give the club a ring - they used to do annoucements and scoreboard messages for kids making their first visit to Loftus Road - that would certainly put a sparkle in "Charlie boy's" eyes - i live in Airdrie now and due to a dental appointment am unable to make saturday - my first game will be Forest at home - put up a post to let us know how it all went - hope the boy enjoys it - my first game way back in 1960/61 was by way of a punishment - i'd been fighting with my brother all week so my mum sent me along with my uncle - they've been punishing me ever since !
                    Yeah good thinking would give the club a ring but what number would I call them on to get his name called out?
                    "The New Era"

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Ramsey tin hat should be on.
                      I agree to a certain extent but I think Cait is one of the best posters on this board and I pretty sure she is a woman from venus.
                      Agree. Cait is a top girl. It was meant tongue in cheek!

Comment

I took our son just before his 4th birthday. It was the 3-2 v Luton a couple of seasons back .
                        He got a bit bored during the second half and almost fell asleep but definitely woke up when we made it 2-2! When we made it 3-2 I looked at him and he looked mildy worried by everyone cheering and singing.
                        I would say:
                        don't buy tickets in the Paddocks unless you are sure it won't rain
                        make sure you take drinks and snacks (carry in the plastic bottle but with the lid in your kid's pocket - they will never check there!)
                        take a toy or book etc - something he can amuse himself with
                        be prepared to go to the toilet a few times
                        take some photos of him with Jude
                        be patient

Good luck!
                        David

Comment

I took my kids to their first against Oxford a few years back,they were just about 5 and 6.Unfortunately I stopped taking them after 2 or 3 years because it was too much hassle and one became an Arsenal fan and the other Moan utd.I won't be making the same mistake with my youngest who's now 7 and loves the r's.
                          I'd try to get in the lower loft at the front over in the shady side in the left corner,otherwise if you're in the sun in the paddock it might get very hot.
                          Good luck.

Comment

try the main switchboard number and explain the situation - i'll be gutted for you mate if they don't do or suggest something for the lad

Comment

Working...
                            X