Advice on bringing my 3yr old Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on bringing my 3yr old Saturday

Really want to bring my 3 yearold son to the game Saturday anyone got any advise for me? Where is best to sit? How I go about getting his ticket? Just general stuff really and your experiences on bringing your children to games.

Wanted to do a trial run at the southampton game but he opted for ice age 3 at the cinema and pizza hut!
    "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Only 3 years old, are you not afraid he might find the experience not only tiring but intimidating as well? I recall people behind me with a small child leaving the game very early last time I was at Loftus Road because their child just did not want to stay there.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

to be honest mate he's a bit young.started bringing mine from age 4 and that was not good.90 mins is a long time for a little kid to sit still.i started mine off in paddock as there is room to wander about and its nice and safe.dont expect to watch much of the game though.good luck.by the way they are 20 17 and 15 now and rangers mad so it works out in end .

Comment

took my daughter when she was 4 and she was bored and fidgety halfway through the first half. Ended up leaving early so i would wait a couple more years yet m8.

Comment

There is a couple who sit by me who have a small lad.About 4 i would say.Does not watch the game.Just fidgets about.Bit too young really IMO.My dad first took me to Brentford when i was about 7.

Comment

yeah

you could bring him only if hes been misbehaving,that will make him behave himself,then if hes really naugty show him one of paulo sousaa nil nil draws on dvd that would really do him in
            im still undergoing phsychiatriact treatment for sousa phobia,hes ruined my life

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
              you could bring him only if hes been misbehaving,that will make him behave himself,then if hes really naugty show him one of paulo sousaa nil nil draws on dvd that would really do him in
              im still undergoing phsychiatriact treatment for sousa phobia,hes ruined my life
              You crack me up Dex.

Comment

Took one of mine, who is now 21 when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it and is still going. I take my other son who is 5 and has been going for a couple of seasons now and although he was a bit of a pain at first he is now QPR mad. They do figit a bit so go to an area where it is a bit laid back, I sit in JU and all is fine there. But be prepared to have to go to the bogs at inopertune moments and miss goals and have to que for hot dogs etc and sweets and drinks(they work as bribes)
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

I first took my daughter when she was 2yrs 10 months! to be fair she wasn't as bad as I thought even though she got bored as you would expect she wasn't whinging too much! I'd sit in the lower loft as its free for the kid then.
                  Also make sure you have stuff for them to do like a nintendo DS or something along those lines. Bring food for them to snack on as well...that always helps!
                  The one thing you will defo need though is patience but it'll all be worth it in the end!
                  Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys, he's almost four and from what your saying this seems to be the youngest age people start to bring there kids to games, I think he'd enjoy it the only worry I gave is the getting in and out the ground with a large crowd he may find that a bit daunting.

Paddock sounds like a good shout on somewhere to sit, anyone recommend the family stand (lower loft)?
                    "The New Era"

Comment

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
                      I first took my daughter when she was 2yrs 10 months! to be fair she wasn't as bad as I thought even though she got bored as you would expect she wasn't whinging too much! I'd sit in the lower loft as its free for the kid then.
                      Also make sure you have stuff for them to do like a nintendo DS or something along those lines. Bring food for them to snack on as well...that always helps!
                      The one thing you will defo need though is patience but it'll all be worth it in the end!
                      Good luck
                      Thanks mate your post fills me with some hope! Yeah was gonna take him down the pie mash shop down goldhawk road first to fill him up a bit then have a load up on sweets to make him last during the game!

Will take him in the club shop first too and I'm sure he'd like a cuddly over priced spark to take in with him!
                      "The New Era"

Comment

Think it depends on the child.
                        My son's 20 and he's still a flaming nuisance at times...
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

your sons 20? U must of been just out of school when you had him, as I would say u look like mid to late 30's
                          I wouldn't take him. 3 years of age is too young and he won't like what I hope is alot of noise.
                          I was 7 when my dad started allowing me to go.
                          Which was good but I did miss us thrash chelsea 6-0.
                          My dad told them to sit down when they scored but it was disallowed.
                          I heard they starting running and causing alot of trouble the **** so 7 was a good age to start watching as I remember the good times
                          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Lower Loft is fine, it is fairly quiet so he shouldn't get too scared by the noise as not much happens. But try not to sit too near the front coz i tend to get a bit carried away and do get some rather nasty looks sometimes
                            God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

I took my youngest when he was 4 which is probably a bit too young. I'll never forget the look of terror on his face the first time we scored. :horror:

Comment

Working...
                              X