This seems crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems crazy

As I understand it, everyone now agrees the Italian has NOT signed. Even Pete, his greatest champion, reckons he will only be a squad player but nevertheless he is still v likely to sign. Others say there are questions over his fitness. Meanwhile, if you recall, the mooted transfer fee is £1m (even if we have learned to treat this stuff with scepticism).

So here's the situation: (virtually) everyone agrees we are crying out for a striker. We are not yet committed to signing a player that even his greatest supporters admit is unlikely to play a big role for us. For the same amount of money wd cd easily sign a striker who cd potentially make the difference between play offs and mid-table.

And no, I'm not being unrealistic and expecting Beckford or King or anyone likely to cost serious money; I've learned to temper my ambitions. But Lita on a Bosman, Campbell for probably v little as Leicester desperate to get him off their wage bill? A prem league squad player on a season's loan? I'm sure there must be other options, too.

Am I missing something, or does what the club appears to be doing fail to make any sense whatsoever? I'm not criticising anybody, I'm just genuinely really perplexed.

Spot on mate

Comment

Yeah good post skidmark
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Stern John's now available.

:horror:
        We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          As I understand it, everyone now agrees the Italian has NOT signed. Even Pete, his greatest champion, reckons he will only be a squad player but nevertheless he is still v likely to sign. Others say there are questions over his fitness. Meanwhile, if you recall, the mooted transfer fee is £1m (even if we have learned to treat this stuff with scepticism).

So here's the situation: (virtually) everyone agrees we are crying out for a striker. We are not yet committed to signing a player that even his greatest supporters admit is unlikely to play a big role for us. For the same amount of money wd cd easily sign a striker who cd potentially make the difference between play offs and mid-table.

And no, I'm not being unrealistic and expecting Beckford or King or anyone likely to cost serious money; I've learned to temper my ambitions. But Lita on a Bosman, Campbell for probably v little as Leicester desperate to get him off their wage bill? A prem league squad player on a season's loan? I'm sure there must be other options, too.

Am I missing something, or does what the club appears to be doing fail to make any sense whatsoever? I'm not criticising anybody, I'm just genuinely really perplexed.
          yes you correct simon,all apart the bit on DJ cambell who is no better than who we have.yes,i also realize our owners dont like spending money(not at QPR anyway!),so the likes of Lita seems so within our reach,he is free and im sure his wages cant be beyond our megawealthy owners especially as they have just recouped over £2 million in sales.

Comment

great post. That million could be used to fund litas wages and you never no, he might just get 25 goals next season and help get us promoted!

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
              Stern John's now available.

:horror:
              I only said we were desperate, not stark raving mad... :shocked:

Comment

I agree as yet we have the same forwards available as last year minus our top scorer

Surely everyone can see that

If we intend on getting ourselves in the play-offs or better we need a goal scorer

Saying that i dont think DJ Campbell is the right man

Comment

Can't you get Bill to lend all our billionares some spare cash?
                  I hear mittel is looking for further investment so he doesn't have to spend his
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

...adn Flabio still thinks its a good idea to offload Dex.

Go on, anyone, try and tell me that JG and JM are fully in charge of football matters... Flabio may have 'saved' us, but at the moment he is a major block in us getting to the next level. 'Successful' business man, my 'arris, he's just a lucky man...

Comment

Working...
                    X