gorkks........7
    ramage.......6
    mahon........7
    rowlands.....8
    balanta.......7
    rutledge......9
    vine...........6
    ayegemang..7

i thought hall was brilliant at the back his ability to pass the ball having won it made him our best defender and yes i do expect him to start against southampton
    in midfield rowlands athlecticsm made him exceptional he looked magnificent
    going forward
    but rutledge was the man he reminded me of dave thomas from the middle seventies
    he jinked and twisted and turned he was so tricky it was like watching pele
    if we feild this team against blackpool we will win four nil
    knowbody could have held that team that played against wycombe it was like watching a fine tuned engine
    WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP:boss:

cheers dex

Comment

Thanks for this-it does fill you with optimism.

one question though-was"rutledge" playing more like Dave Thomas or Pele,as,from memory,they had differing styles.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
        cerney........8
        connolly......7
        hall............8
        gorkks........7
        ramage.......6
        mahon........7
        rowlands.....8
        balanta.......7
        rutledge......9
        vine...........6
        ayegemang..7

i thought hall was brilliant at the back his ability to pass the ball having won it made him our best defender and yes i do expect him to start against southampton
        going forward
        but rutledge was the man he reminded me of dave thomas from the middle seventies
        knowbody could have held that team that played against wycombe it was like watching a fine tuned engine
        hall was good on the ball, but what did he have to do defensively? The only time we were tested was when they scored, and he could not cope.

Comment

cerney........8 8 agreed not much to do
          connolly......7 8 quality as always
          hall............8 7 still not the real deal
          gorkks........7 9 didn't put a foot wrong
          ramage.......6 6 agreed
          mahon........7 8 looked good!
          rowlands.....8 9 immense in the middle mom
          balanta.......7 9 nailed on to start v blackpool the boy is now a man!
          rutledge......9 8 good but not THAT good
          vine...........6 disappointing
          ayegemang..7 6 average at best

going forward
          Dex as always I have a slighty different view to you. PLease see my ratings
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

WELL

TBH first of all let me answer r block ells,rutledge looked nothing like pele or dave thomas,he has his own style i used to play as a right winger myself but i can honestly say i was nothing like rutledge and neither have i ever seen a style like rutledge before
            i am struggling to describe his style but ill try ,hes got a phenominal burst of speed over a very short distance,knowbody can contain that kind of speed,
            hes also get this incredible ability to put himself in front of the defender and the defender cant do anything about it,this after gettting himself between the defender and the goal,trully his ball skills are so unorthodox he sort of shows defenders the ball then drags the ball backwards away from them so hard to describe rutledge because never in watching 50 years of football have i seen ball skills like it,rodney marsh was a better dribbler,but rutledge is a very tricky player all right and will make the england full team
            now to answer the other question about hall
            my back four would be hall left back stewert center half gorrks center half
            connolly right back

Comment

I think DFE must have had a few beers which clouded his view a little

Yes it was a reasonable perfomance by the R's, with two good goals. The first from a good cross from Routledge the second started by Balanta blocking a shot on the edge of our own area, before running much of the the length of the pitch with it
              For most of the second half Wycombe defended in numbers and we struggled to break them down. Pat & Rowan didn't show much movement up front, and it was only when Tarrabt came on that things brightened up as he was willing to take a man on.

No complaints from me though...we did the job.

Special mention to Mahon & Rowlands who totally bossed the middle. Very pleasing to see Rowlands getting the tackles in. He also had to be reminded by the ref it was only a friendly!!
              Also ..hats off to Balanta! Great performance.
              Last edited by RamseyR; 29-07-2009, 07:02 PM. Reason: more accurate

Comment

TBH first of all let me answer r block ells,rutledge looked nothing like pele or dave thomas,he has his own style i used to play as a right winger myself but i can honestly say i was nothing like rutledge and neither have i ever seen a style like rutledge before
                i am struggling to describe his style but ill try ,hes got a phenominal burst of speed over a very short distance,knowbody can contain that kind of speed,
                hes also get this incredible ability to put himself in front of the defender and the defender cant do anything about it,this after gettting himself between the defender and the goal,trully his ball skills are so unorthodox he sort of shows defenders the ball then drags the ball backwards away from them so hard to describe rutledge because never in watching 50 years of football have i seen ball skills like it,rodney marsh was a better dribbler,but rutledge is a very tricky player all right and will make the england full team
                now to answer the other question about hall
                my back four would be hall left back stewert center half gorrks center half
                connolly right back

Good report..............sugar plum..............
                They seek him here.................

Comment

cerney........8
                  connolly......7
                  hall............8
                  gorkks........7
                  ramage.......6
                  mahon........7
                  rowlands.....8
                  balanta.......7
                  rutledge......9
                  vine...........6
                  ayegemang..7

going forward
                  DONT get carried away people it was against Wycombe FFS. My worry is we conceeded against them and two against Oxford Utd!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                    DONT get carried away people it was against Wycombe FFS. My worry is we conceeded against them and two against Oxford Utd!
                    the ref gave them a pen in the oxford game literally,2nd goal was a **** up by connelly,nothing to worry about:chill: we took our goals well and conners will have learnt if in doubt get it out!
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                    X