QPR TV - broadcasting our own games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR TV - broadcasting our own games?

Now when itīs possible to send games live via internet (with good quality), without the help of the big guns (SKY, BBC etc), and take more of the money ourselves, should we try to do it (after this current agreement/deal with the Football League)? Is it possible and what are the consequences?

Won't happen SKY have the monopoly.

Conceivable that fans abroad may get live feeds and of course it happens illegally now, but clubs get all the finances from SKY so it won;t happen in my view
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Well Swede it is an interesting point you make. The problem is BSKYB have always had the broadcasting rights as they always outbid any competition.
      However a company is looking into this and I know Virgin and BT Sport also want a slice of the pie. I think it would only be fair to open up other channels of watching football. Sky is a complete con and for that reason I will not sign up. Something will happen. They don't make everyone drive fiats and nor should everyone have to sign up to sky.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Will not happen now due to the footbal league, last year I was going round the country offering TV Channels to all football clubs (IPTV).

The rules are that only the top 4 could have one and I even got Accrington Stanley on the TV, it seems that has now been taken down. Full 90 minutes of games after 24 hours which you could watch anytime you wanted on TV on demand. It also had one live TV channel to show what ever they wanted including reserve games and other content.

Every football club wanted to have one but were told 'NO'.

Spurs & Blackburn said 'YES' as long as they allow us, we will sign now!

I can still get any football club a channel today providing they don't show any first team games which defeats the object.

Comment

We used to

Back in the day QPR streamed games live before they got caught out - fact
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by MYU_QPR View Post
            Will not happen now due to the footbal league, last year I was going round the country offering TV Channels to all football clubs (IPTV).

The rules are that only the top 4 could have one and I even got Accrington Stanley on the TV, it seems that has now been taken down. Full 90 minutes of games after 24 hours which you could watch anytime you wanted on TV on demand. It also had one live TV channel to show what ever they wanted including reserve games and other content.

Every football club wanted to have one but were told 'NO'.

Spurs & Blackburn said 'YES' as long as they allow us, we will sign now!

I can still get any football club a channel today providing they don't show any first team games which defeats the object.
            All clubs are a part of the Football League and if all oppose and decide not to let the League be the "middle hand" regarding TV broadcasts, what will happen? The Football League needs the clubs but does the clubs need the Football League?

Comment

That's just it and the deal was good for each club.

They would have got the channel for free and all advertising made would have been kept by the clubs too, although it work out well for the clubs, The Football League would have made very little.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                We used to

Back in the day QPR streamed games live before they got caught out - fact
                When the hell was that? :shocked:
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  When the hell was that? :shocked:
                  in the 90's pre me being a QPR fan obviously as i havent been going since a kid ;)
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                    in the 90's pre me being a QPR fan obviously as i havent been going since a kid ;)
                    I don't remember that
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                      All clubs are a part of the Football League and if all oppose and decide not to let the League be the "middle hand" regarding TV broadcasts, what will happen? The Football League needs the clubs but does the clubs need the Football League?
                      They would still pander to Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                        They would still pander to Sky.
                        Itīs the Football League that sells the product "football" to the company that pays the most. If we, and all other clubs, oppose on this they wonīt have a product to sell. If we (all clubs) decide to do this ourselves (after the current deal ends), we wonīt need SKY or the other companies. More money to the clubs, not to the companies.

Comment

I know but all clubs have to agree which they do but none want to stand up.

Been there last year.

Comment

Dont think any club would generate the same sort of income that they get from sky TBH so cant see it happening, Would be nice though
                            God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

The use of the term Dab quality is pretty ****e promotion.

Dab is old hat for starters using the mp2 codec. Most internet streaming now uses MP3 or AAC.

Example Radio 2 is 128 AAC online

On dab its 192k MP2 which means internet is not far off double the quality via that stream if you have a decent hi-fi system connected to your PC!

Comment

Working...
                              X