Tinkering of The Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinkering of The Team

Something that annoys me no end, Fitz hall right back, Routledge playing in a diamond, Leighterwood playing a forward midfiled role. Hall maybe being used in last 10 minutes as target man up front.

Lets just set the record straight on where players can play..and where you would like to see them play.

For example, experimenting with Ramone Rose right back will it work and Tarrabt up front are just two examples. Can wingers switch wings effectively, as Routledge has been tried on the left already pre-season.

Can players play different positions, or should be kept to the old fashioned way of keeping in there postions?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

difficult really. football has changed so much these days, you look at most top teams and its the same thing. players playin where they are needed as opposed to where their natural position is. how u need to look at is for example. is ramage a natural rb, better than a patch up job using legs in that position? it may not be his natural position but if he plays better than the person who can naturally play there, i guess its something that has to be done.

like with man u last season playin rooney left wing, is he better in the middle or on the left, no question really, but was he better in that position than what they had available? of course.

but sayin that id still prefer to see players playin in their natural positions as much as possible.

Comment

Adjusting the team and tactics during the course of a game is inevitable.

It's just that some things are more obvious (to a spectator with a reasonable level of intelligence) than others.

If a manager doesn't adjust he ends up being condemmed as naive, example Holloway.

Seaa O'Driscolls tactics are always fascinating to watch as the players are constantly given different roles.

Comment

I believe the problem arises with having a squad that is unbalanced forcing managers to play players out of position.

We lack natural fullbacks hence why we often play centre backs and occasionally Legs / Rowlands in that position.

We lack quality up front which is why Taarabt will no doubt start quite often up front.

Agree with you about Legs in that forward midfield role, should just never happen. However we were incredibly short on attacking midfielders at that point

Comment

I have said this many times before, you have to play your best players in their best position to be effective.

The problem with Jim, which will come to light very shortly when the season starts, is that people will realise that players playing out of position will definately cost us games.

That was why I did not want him and why I think it will end in tears for him, but I am prepared to see what he can do and hope I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X