X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me in the Standard 6 years ago

Someone on Reports site found this...

Having a ball at QPR

Reader Scott Jones e-mails to tell Notebook of the strange tale, with a happy ending, of the QPR ball.
    When one was kicked into the crowd before their game against Barnsley recently, a supporter kept hold and decided to smuggle it out under his jumper, pretending perhaps to have a Neil Ruddock-type girth. He got cold feet, though, and fearing detection sold the ball to the man next to him for £5.
    Mr Jones was that man and he smuggled it out in a large shopping bag.
    He took the ball home but a day later a massive guilt trip set in when he discovered that match balls cost £90 - no mean amount for a club counting the pennies. He found out the e-mail address of QPR director David Davies and confessed. "It was kinda a 'do you want your ball back, mate . . . I'm an ########'" letter, Mr Jones admits.
    Davies, admiring the fan's eventual honesty, suggested getting the ball signed by the players and auctioned to raise money for the youth team. In return, Mr Jones will get his own - legitimate - signed ball presented to him.
    The one to be sold will fetch around £90 and details are on the eBay auction website under QPR.
    See, as those nice chaps at Manchester United will tell you, honesty is the best policy.

When the standard were our friends ;D
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Refreshingly honest self appraisal there Scott.
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

honesty is the best policy!

Only when it suits them?

Comment

Thieving bar steward...!!:anger:

Ok, i'll let you off....

Comment

I think that ball raised about £200 for the youth team..and that was 6 years ago!
          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

that probably saved the club then...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
              Someone on Reports site found this...

Having a ball at QPR

Reader Scott Jones e-mails to tell Notebook of the strange tale, with a happy ending, of the QPR ball.
              When one was kicked into the crowd before their game against Barnsley recently, a supporter kept hold and decided to smuggle it out under his jumper, pretending perhaps to have a Neil Ruddock-type girth. He got cold feet, though, and fearing detection sold the ball to the man next to him for £5.
              Mr Jones was that man and he smuggled it out in a large shopping bag.
              He took the ball home but a day later a massive guilt trip set in when he discovered that match balls cost £90 - no mean amount for a club counting the pennies. He found out the e-mail address of QPR director David Davies and confessed. "It was kinda a 'do you want your ball back, mate . . . I'm an ########'" letter, Mr Jones admits.
              Davies, admiring the fan's eventual honesty, suggested getting the ball signed by the players and auctioned to raise money for the youth team. In return, Mr Jones will get his own - legitimate - signed ball presented to him.
              The one to be sold will fetch around £90 and details are on the eBay auction website under QPR.
              See, as those nice chaps at Manchester United will tell you, honesty is the best policy.

When the standard were our friends ;D
              I remember reading that at the time!!

Comment

Scot's here he there he is every ****ing where

You're a big softie really :bad_smile:
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

admit nothing
                  tell no one
                  and possession is 9/10ths of the law....

david davies was on a massive salary, did he say "qpr are skint, i'll take a small pay cut"? NO.....

Comment

Working...
                  X