big spenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    pkloft Baidoo's and Pacquette's failure does not necessarily mean that Balanta will fail.

not saying that for 1 minute Yousef, just i'd rather we went out & got ourselves a proven goalscorer rather then put unneeded pressure on the wrong lad to get goals, i'd hate our fans to get on his back because of that.

by all means play him in LC games & bring him on when needed during games (if the timing is right) but for the club to use him as our out & out striker could be a big mistake, but if they do (no doubt to save them shelling out a few quid) then i hope he is the biggest success story at our club since Stan Bowles signed from Carlisle Utd

Comment

we should have gone for Evans a proven goal scorer in this league when he was 18 on loan at Norwich only 20 now and bound to just keep improving, 3 million is a snip when you look at the 5 mill cardiff payed for chopra, but we look in the depths on serie b for 27 year old italians who if any good would have been snapped up by a far better team than one just relegated to serie c. This club will go nowhere with the attack we have at the moment there's no goals in them especially after stupidly getting rid of the best goal scorer we had:horror::horror::horror::horror:
      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
        you don't see it...........say no more then or maybe take the blinkers off

our defence was one of the best in the division last season because it predominately defended

our midfield chipped in with what 10 goals

and our forwards 20 or so with DB being our top goal scorer with 11 in 26 league matches, not bad for a "Roy of the Rovers" type of player

anyway the bottom line is, your happy for us to stay as we are & get these 70 odd goals ;D;D from all over the team, whereas i'd be much happier to see a proven goal scorer signed who would be able to get 25-30 goals a season

i wonder what other QPR fans think!

by the way this is what you call debating.
        So yor saying we are not capable off averaging 1.52 goals a game.

PKLoft you want to debate then do so with this point I made

In 2007-08 we scored 60 goals despite still being in the relegation zone at Nov, we had the likes of Nardiello, Nygaard and even Balanta up front during that season. Think Dexter 'Roy of the Rovers' Blackstock managed 5 goals or something like that in this season. LDC had us hitting the back of the net consistantly with a lesser squad.

Magic & The G Man are renowned for managing teams who play attacking football and score plenty of goals. The trouble with yourself and others alike is you keep looking at last seasons defensive tactics of Dowie & Sousa and still think the same group of players with a change in tactics will score the same amount of goals

And also

Give up on us signing a striker before the start of the season because from what I have just heard we won't be, we are in for a Left Back and that is it. It sounds like Pellicori will be the main striker come the start of the season and Balanta is being sounded out as having a major part to play this season (be it at stages during the season - due to his age)....I'm sure anyone ITK will verify this, I'm off for a walk up the river with the missus so we will debate a little more later.

:byebye:
        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 26-07-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

hope you cant swim!!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

With a strike force of:

Pellicori
            Vine
            Balanta
            Taarabt
            Agyemang
            Helguson
            German

Plus plenty of goals chipped in from:

Buzsaky
            Routledge
            Rowlands
            Faurlin
            Mahon
            Leigertwood
            Stewart
            Ephraim
            Alberti
            Cook
            Rose
            Hall

...I cant say I'm too overly-concerned at this stage.

Not to want to compare us to Man Utd but didnt there great 90s side spread the goals right throughout the side? Thats just one example. Its not an unheard of concept.

As ever...
            Last edited by Stanley; 26-07-2009, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              So yor saying we are not capable off averaging 1.52 goals a game.

PKLoft you want to debate then do so with this point I made

In 2007-08 we scored 60 goals despite still being in the relegation zone at Nov, we had the likes of Nardiello, Nygaard and even Balanta up front during that season. Think Dexter 'Roy of the Rovers' Blackstock managed 5 goals or something like that in this season. LDC had us hitting the back of the net consistantly with a lesser squad.

Magic & The G Man are renowned for managing teams who play attacking football and score plenty of goals. The trouble with yourself and others alike is you keep looking at last seasons defensive tactics of Dowie & Sousa and still think the same group of players with a change in tactics will score the same amount of goals

And also

Give up on us signing a striker before the start of the season because from what I have just heard we won't be, we are in for a Left Back and that is it. It sounds like Pellicori will be the main striker come the start of the season and Balanta is being sounded out as having a major part to play this season (be it at stages during the season - due to his age)....I'm sure anyone ITK will verify this, I'm off for a walk up the river with the missus so we will debate a little more later.

:byebye:
              hope you enjoyed your walk (or was it a swim)

firstly i'm over the moon we're after a left back, just hope he's a proven one out of this league or higher!

now as for the debate on striker or no striker, your figures do show that we did score some goals without a great forward line (on paper) but we let in 66 league goals which suggests our defending was either crap or we attacked to much, which means the balance was all wrong, for a team to be successful the balance has to be right, defenders defend & forwards score goals with your midfield doing a bit of both, now i'm not saying for 1 minute i dont think your outlook on our team is totally wrong, just that i'd be a lot happier the way i look at things rather then your way, saying that, we could both be right, IE a bit of both

but also, if the club did spend a bit of decent cash on decent players that sends out all the right vibes towards the fans & i'm sure if they did that we would have LR rocking from all sides of the ground, whereas the way they are going about things its like a bit of a gamble, IE hold on to our cash & IF we are up there at the top the ground would be rocking anyway, get my drift

Comment

I probably would see the same thread pre-season 07/08 and 08/09 pre-season.

Tarrabt has said his target is 15, well he is not getting them from midfield.

We moved on great strides in two years on the playing side, last time we would beat Reading and Caridiff for signings for example?

So you would be comfortable with paying someone 30k, because they are a name? Would that unsettle other players who are paid the average? You would like pre-madonnas, because that is what you would get if you went for a premiership player. Ipswich town have shown that in the championship that you cannot always attract top players and they have rich backers and Keane in charge.

It will be a rollercoaster ride this season, but it will be a good one.

Think Pelicori will be a fringe player to be honest, need time to adapt. Hope, Gorman and Madge take a punt with Balanta

It goes on forver the striker argument

I say 10 goals in 4 games pre-season and then the argument is "its against lower leagues", cannot win !!. Lets see how mnay goals we score in August.
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I think the squad has improved greatly since the takeover and i really am excited about the forthcoming season... which had been missing last season..

I think we do need a LB (even just for cover) and a striker and then the squad should be complete...

U R'sssssssssssssss

Comment

Working...
                  X