big spenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big spenders!

teams like Swansea, Forest, Sheff Utd & WBA (the latter obviously with them coming down from the prem) have showed everyone their intentions by splashing out on new players, now i'm not saying we haven't spent a bean but how does it make you feel when these "lesser clubs" go out & chase quality players & then sign them, whereas we seem to be making a lot of "noise" in the transfer market, with no end product.

i think (like most QPR fans) we are only a few players short of a very good squad that could challenge a top 2 spot!

we are told (by some) that Jim wants to give everyone a chance 1st then come Jan if needed he will go after players!! my question is "why wait till January" if the funds are there, make the squad better & stronger now.

their were 3 realistic forwards out there this summer Cox of Swindon (signed for WBA) Evans of MAN City (signed for Sheff Utd) and Beckford of Leeds Utd (not signed for anyone yet) i'm not saying any of these players would guarantee us promotion but at least the fans would see that the club mean business & we are competing with the others in our league regarding transfers, instead of going abroad & snapping up untried players!!

your thoughts

Ever thought Evans & Cox weren't interested in signing and the fact the Beckford is still available speaks volumes.

Maybe JM isn't interested in any of these players either, 2 league one players and someone who has spent all of last season on the bench.

Me I'd have gone for Evans the other 2 are not to score more than 15 next season as they stepping up a league.

So WBA got Cox, Sheff Utd got Evans and we got Taarabt......I know who'd I'd prefer to have!

Comment

& who have Swansea spent loads of money on...great signing in Lopez but that was on a free...Lost Scotland & their loanee (GOMEZ???)

Comment

As good as he is, Taarabt is not a striker, and we need one. All this talk about players not being able to step up a league gets a bit tedious. We are clearly not going to spend really big money on a striker, so one of the top strikers from league one is where we should be looking. Other clubs do not have a problem with this.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          Ever thought Evans & Cox weren't interested in signing and the fact the Beckford is still available speaks volumes.

Maybe JM isn't interested in any of these players either, 2 league one players and someone who has spent all of last season on the bench.

Me I'd have gone for Evans the other 2 are not to score more than 15 next season as they stepping up a league.

So WBA got Cox, Sheff Utd got Evans and we got Taarabt......I know who'd I'd prefer to have!
          Evans & Cox were obviously going to leave their clubs this summer i can't see for 1 minute none of them were not interested in signing for a club like ours!! more like the club knew how much it would cost them so did not make an offer!

as for Beckford, yes he is still available & i'd say he would be a great acquisition to our club, as for Taarabt, yes he is a fantastic signing for us & i applaud the club for pulling out all the stops to get him, but do you see him as our main striker!!! i don't more likely to play on the left TBH so i don't think we signed him to play up top, so we still need another striker as i don't think HH or Angy are the answer to our problems up front

Comment

Originally posted by Stuieang View Post
            & who have Swansea spent loads of money on...great signing in Lopez but that was on a free...Lost Scotland & their loanee (GOMEZ???)
            good point

thought Counago had signed from Ipswich but has apparently turned them down, also thought Sousa had made a few more signings, but he hasn't, so u got e banged to rights there :surrender:

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
              Evans & Cox were obviously going to leave their clubs this summer i can't see for 1 minute none of them were not interested in signing for a club like ours!! more like the club knew how much it would cost them so did not make an offer!

as for Beckford, yes he is still available & i'd say he would be a great acquisition to our club, as for Taarabt, yes he is a fantastic signing for us & i applaud the club for pulling out all the stops to get him, but do you see him as our main striker!!! i don't more likely to play on the left TBH so i don't think we signed him to play up top, so we still need another striker as i don't think HH or Angy are the answer to our problems up front
              I think with the squad we have we are capable of scoring 70 league goals....we've players all over the pitch who can score. I really don't understand the panick we've one oof the stongest squads in the league.

Honestly don't people get bored of starting this same thread over and over again...just except the squad we have at present is what it is a good CCC squad who are capable of making the Play Offs with or without a new striker.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                I think with the squad we have we are capable of scoring 70 league goals....we've players all over the pitch who can score. I really don't understand the panick we've one oof the stongest squads in the league.

Honestly don't people get bored of starting this same thread over and over again...just except the squad we have at present is what it is a good CCC squad who are capable of making the Play Offs with or without a new striker.
                70 league goals, wow from who exactly, our back 4 will chip in with no ore then 10 goals, so around 60ish from the rest of the team, a good team will score around 20 goals from midfield so that leaves around 40 odd goals from our front man......dream on, but if we did have a natural goal scorer up front I'd agree with you 100%

Comment

W12, you have made my Sunday morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waaaht: ;D;D

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
                    70 league goals, wow from who exactly, our back 4 will chip in with no ore then 10 goals, so around 60ish from the rest of the team, a good team will score around 20 goals from midfield so that leaves around 40 odd goals from our front man......dream on, but if we did have a natural goal scorer up front I'd agree with you 100%
                    So yor saying we are not capable off averaging 1.52 goals a game.

In 2007-08 we scored 60 goals despite still being in the relegation zone at Nov, we had the likes of Nardiello, Nygaard and even Balanta up front during that season. Think Dexter 'Roy of the Rovers' Blackstock managed 5 goals or something like that in this season. LDC had us hitting the back of the net consistantly with a lesser squad.

Magic & The G Man are renowned for managing teams who play attacking football and score plenty of goals. The trouble with yourself and others alike is you keep looking at last seasons defensive tactics of Dowie & Sousa and still think the same group of players with a change in tactics will score the same amount of goals - which is laugable.

DOWIE & SOUSA ARE NOT MANAGING US THIS SEASON MAGILTON AND GORMAN ARE.

My prediction for next seasons goals scored and against with the current squad would be

F 70
                    A 55

You know what the worst thing is if we did sign a top striker I think our goals scored and against would be something like

F 70
                    A 55

SPC brought an interesting stat up about JM & GMs teams before about not having a striker who scores 20+ but having a team which ways in with their fair share of goals. I'd like to see that again and maybe one for the number of goals scored in a season by teams managed by the pair (individually in the case of Gorman as well.

We've 3/4 plaayers who are capable of scoring 20 goals in a 46 game season - just because up to now it hasn't happened does not not mean they are not capable of it. Vine, Taarabt, Helguson & Buzsaky are all potentially sitting on 15-20 goals a season so what is the big deal because I don't see it.

Comment

W12,.............It's not just about the amount of goals we score, it's also about containing teams. Your stats. of...... F 70 A 55, are not that impressive. If we only score 15 more goals than we concede, we will not go up.

Comment

you don't see it...........say no more then or maybe take the blinkers off

our defence was one of the best in the division last season because it predominately defended

our midfield chipped in with what 10 goals

and our forwards 20 or so with DB being our top goal scorer with 11 in 26 league matches, not bad for a "Roy of the Rovers" type of player

anyway the bottom line is, your happy for us to stay as we are & get these 70 odd goals ;D;D from all over the team, whereas i'd be much happier to see a proven goal scorer signed who would be able to get 25-30 goals a season

i wonder what other QPR fans think!

by the way this is what you call debating.

Comment

I have always complained about not having a good striking force, but after signing Taarabt I agree with JM about his intention to give an opportunity to the current players. With the strong and creative midfield, the strikers will have more and better created opportunities. Jim wants to give Balanta a chance this season, a player who has never got the chance before. We also have Helguson, Agyemang and Vine upfront. Let's wait for the outcome. I do not see any point to panic until January which I do not feel too late because this league is very tight and If you remember few years back crystal Palace were in the relegation zone and Dowie arrived late and they got them promoted.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                            I have always complained about not having a good striking force, but after signing Taarabt I agree with JM about his intention to give an opportunity to the current players. With the strong and creative midfield, the strikers will have more and better created opportunities. Jim wants to give Balanta a chance this season, a player who has never got the chance before. We also have Helguson, Agyemang and Vine upfront. Let's wait for the outcome. I do not see any point to panic until January which I do not feel too late because this league is very tight and If you remember few years back crystal Palace were in the relegation zone and Dowie arrived late and they got them promoted.
                            see where you and W12 are coming from Youseef but i think it's quite clear Agyemang & HH are not the answer (good squad players when fit tho) Balanta by all accounts is on fire preseason, but lets not jump the gun with the kid as we've all seen whats happened in the past with our up & coming youngsters, Baidoo & Piquette (SP) to name a couple, both had really bright futures but did not deliver when asked to deliver.

as for waiting till January.....i'd much rather get the best squad we can before the season starts & be top of the league by as many points as we can, then wait till January & if needed go out & buy some cast offs that no one else wanted TBH

Comment

pkloft Baidoo's and Pacquette's failure does not necessarily mean that Balanta will fail.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X