• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would players want to join QPR in the Summer? Discuss

Money?
    Chance of getting promoted?
    Playing for Sousa?
    Wearing the SUPERHOOPS?

Some may still believe they have the chance of playing the Prem with a team who have money.....

Comment

Well a long contract, some of the best pay in the league and if we are spending money in the summer as good a chance as any of being promoted!

Comment

Playing under a 2 times European Cup Winner, Pete can think what he want's but for a young player trying to make a name for themselves in the Championship Sousa's pedigree should be enough.

Comment

To live in London?

Comment

Paulo Sousa is a household name in European football and therefore the name alone has a big pull factor,no guarantees he will succeed but he has my 100% backing and i believe if given a fair crack he may achieve success.
            Wolves will get promoted this season but theyve had to work for it improving each season and now finally they will reap the rewards for sticking with MM even when results have dipped.
            Is there a lesson to be learnt?

Comment

For me its money. Its taken over the game.

We probably pay 2-3 times as much as most championship clubs. Take Doncaster Rovers, players are probably on 4-5k a week. Playing in London under thr bright lights appeals to many players, but these players at Doncaster hae a UNITY that money cannot buy. I suspect anyone taking the drop down from the premiership, would find the move to QPR appealing. Not sure, if they would move because of Sousa or Briatore. More location and money in my view.

The car park pre-match now shows exactly what the club has become and in my view some players are obviously paying for the money and not the badge.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I'm afraid first and foremost they would come for the contract and the money offered.

Comment

To further there career with a high profile team that is going to be pushing hard for promotion with a Legend at the helm, playing good attacking football built from a solid defensive base.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

We probably pay 2-3 times as much as most championship clubs. Take Doncaster Rovers, players are probably on 4-5k a week. Playing in London under thr bright lights appeals to many players, but these players at Doncaster hae a UNITY that money cannot buy. I suspect anyone taking the drop down from the premiership, would find the move to QPR appealing. Not sure, if they would move because of Sousa or Briatore. More location and money in my view.

The car park pre-match now shows exactly what the club has become and in my view some players are obviously paying for the money and not the badge.
                    Pete is right. People say Kaka was faithful to Milan but if you paid me £150k PW then I would be faithful too. He had no reason to sign for Man City when he is so well paid as it is.

Cardiff always looked more likely to go up then us so why did Routledge sign for us and not them? Some will say location but I think we all know why really. Money can be our advantage but also our downfall. We can get a player we want because we can outbid someone else but also we can pay too much when a player isn't worth it.

Comment

why would players sign for us if all they are going to is constant abuse

Comment

A free flat in batman close??????
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Our generous salary structure is a blessing and a curse. It has enabled us to scoop us some extremely good championship players - buz, gorks, connolly, cerny, lopez etc - often for a very small or even zero transfer fee; but it also means that players such as agyman, mahon, ramage and delaney will be extremely hard to move on because clearly no premiership club wd want them and what championship club wd pay top dollar for such journeymen players?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Doncaster havent had 3 managers this year,that doesnt help build unity if you dont know whether your coming or going.

Comment

Because they like the slippers?

Comment

Working...
                              X