• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Scorers....

Anelka - Forward
    Ronaldo - Midfielder
    Gerrard - Midfielder
    Robinho - Midfielder (ish - more of an attacking winger)
    Torres - Forward

etc etc. Top Premiership goalscorers last season tended to be probably 60% Midfielders and 40% Strikers.

So what does this tell us about us wanting a striker?

We dont bloody need one!!!

if we sign Gerrard
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

yes your right mid table mediocrity is very fun indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by E4Hoop View Post
      yes your right mid table mediocrity is very fun indeed.
      So your logic applied to what Scott is trying to point out would suggest that Man Utd and Liverpool finished in mid-table mediocrity then....

He is trying to suggest that with goalscoring midfielders, namely Buz, Vine (posibly) and Rowlands back this season, almost like new signings, there nothing to suggest the top scorers have to be strikers, but could come from those in midfield.....

Comment

True Del! and thank you.

That and we should sign Gerrard
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          So your logic applied to what Scott is trying to point out would suggest that Man Utd and Liverpool finished in mid-table mediocrity then....

He is trying to suggest that with goalscoring midfielders, namely Buz, Vine (posibly) and Rowlands back this season, almost like new signings, there nothing to suggest the top scorers have to be strikers, but could come from those in midfield.....
          So you're saying that Buz/Vine/Rowlands are the CCC equivalent of Ronaldo, Gerrard and Lampard?

FFS, get a grip.

Buz- 8 goals in 2 seasons
          Rowlands- 14 goals in 6 seasons
          Vine- 4 goals in 2 seasons

WE NEED A STRIKER....and by the noises coming from the Poodles, we aint going to get one.....
          QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

So your logic would suggest we have midfield quality like gerrad and Ronaldo?

Comment

11 times we watched 0-0's last year and in a total of 23 games we failed to score.

Of course you need forwrds I had the same conversation with some of our fans last season after we had just stuck 4 past the hapless Saints.

Strikers win you games its that simple.

Vine Ageyman Buzzacky and Rowlands have all just recovered from injury.

Last season Dexter was our top goal scorer followed by HH who scored 5 the next was wait for it Fitz Hall with 3.

Anyone that thinks you can get out of the division without a couple of decent forwards has lost the plot.

Last season Blake and Iwelemo for Wolves scored 39 goals.

Last season we finished 14 points off the play offs with a minus 2 goal difference.

In response we have just flogged Dexter who was our leading striker for the past two years spent 3.5 million on an Argentine midfielder an unknown striker from Seria B and flogged our reserve keeper and left back.

And to think some of our fans our over joyed with Dexter leaving.

I'm not I think its a joke.

Now I know Gianni will have a few irons in the fire and in a few days some fans will be over the moon.

But please do not tell me that you dont need centre forwards, oh and passing comment Mr Jones was last year Gerrard, Ronaldo and Robinho were played as forwards.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
              X