Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower Expectations..Could Work In our Favour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Expectations..Could Work In our Favour?

I'll know I'll get accused of spinning, but the fact us fans are not overly confident about next season, it could actually work in our favour?

I was guilty of hyping up last season, but it was a view shared by many and by finishing 11th, I get the impression the players are determined to prove they are better than that finish.

We have a manager who has worked in the championship and all in all, with one or two additions, I'm sure if we finished there or thereabouts most fans would be fairly happy. I know some doom and gloom merchants would be putting a dampender on the season before it starts, but in fairness they were doing that last season.

Overall, lessons on and off the pitch should have been learn't from last season and I suspect we will do better than many forecast.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

been thinking this for a while, teams arent going to be out to beat us as much if you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
      been thinking this for a while, teams arent going to be out to beat us as much if you get my drift.
      Unless we win our first three and are top.

Comment

I am actually fairly optimistic about the coming season-I honestly believe that our defence and midfield look very very strong-let's not forget that it's July 21st today,and the season doesn't start until August 8th.One additional striker,and I reckon we are about there.

Comment

I think expectations are lower as many of us feel that we did not get the management right again, also we did not (or as yet) sign players that are essential for a promotion push.

We bought an unknown midfield player, which to be fair we did not really need, for the price I would had bought a £2m striker to partner blackstock, and spend £1.5m on a decent left back. That would had made more sense.

Also there are far better teams equipped to challange for the top 2 and the play offs where I feel we are still far behind. We still do not look convincing and still do not look like winners, so expectations are lower.

Comment

on paper we have good players we do need strengthening up top and at left back.. but its if the manager can get us to play the kind of football we know the players can play. we have a good squad but its all ifs and buts
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

If we've learnt lessons from last year why our we selling our top scorer and bringing in another italian forward and maybe dj campbell who couldn't even get in 1st divison team last year........

Comment

Looking at the Leicester web page it seems DJ fell out big time with the management, so it wasn't about his ability that he wasn't played. When I saw him for Blackpool he seemed to score ok in the CCC. He is certainly very quick.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Had a big falling out With Nigel Pearson and done well at Blackpool. Holloway wants to sign him
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete shouldn't you of left by now?
                    I thought it would take more than an hour?
                    R u on your mobile?
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Lower expectations working in our favour, could then raise expectations for the coming season, and then we're back to square one.... if you get the logic!

Comment

my expectations are for another midtable finish,am i being too optomistic or should i lower my expectations:shocked:

Comment

I think we will improve on last season, but not enough to get into the top six :(

But then again I didn't buy into the hype last season.. Aside from the usual supporters optimism that I get at the start of every season

Comment

weareqpr12, I'm knackered, I'll wait to Oxford.

Comment

I think Pete has a point and we really are only a couple of players away from having a good first XI. However if we suffer injuries again like last season we do not have a squad good enough for top six. Forest finished last season just 8 points behind us and have since brought in a new keeper, new defender, a couple of new midfielders and a couple (soon to be three) new strikers basically meaning they have strengthened what they had meaning if they suffer with injuries they have good experienced reserves. Man for man our starting XI is arguably better than what Burnley's was but as a squad they had the advantage of being able to replace like for like players when all we could do is bring in inexperience (Alberti, Parejo, Ledesma and Di Carmine).

Expectation or no expectation a good starting XI won't win us promotion but a good squad will.

Comment

Working...
                              X