Promotion or profit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion or profit?

I dont want to be negative, but i am starting to seriously wonder if the board want promotion, or if it is just a case of making a bit of profit. I think most people would agree that the atmosphere around the club, amongst fans and the board etc hasnt been the greatest for a while - but when we sign Faurlin for a decent amount of money, i started to feel more optimistic again about the boards intentions. Even though we failed with a bid for Simon Cox - it still showed me signs that we were at least targetting good players. I honestly thought it was a sign and the beginning of better signings, more chance of promotion etc.

However, there are only a couple of weeks to go, and STILL we are shouting for a new goal scorer - when literally a year ago we were screaming for the same thing. Surely last season was proof of this - yet we are selling our top scorer, without any proven players lined up as a replacement, we have sold Delaney - yet no left back has been signed, and we have sold Camp. Im not saying these players are a great loss, however to me it just seems like we are selling players to make money and then not doing anything about it to improve the squad.

There is still more time to go until the season starts, and im sure a couple of players will be signed as cover - but i just still find it unbelieveable that we are so close to the start of the season and not a lot is happening.

I dont want to write off our season - as we have Vine and Buzz back, 2 special players, and we already have some decent players - it just feels like a waste that we are not seriously going for players of a higher calibre.

Maybe we will score more goals because of the creativity we have in midfield - who knows, i hope so? But after scoring less goals than the bottom side last year - i cant help but feel pessimistic as it seemed obvious that something needed to be done up front.

Are we seriously going for promotion, or is it just a case of making a bit of profit? I have been supporting QPR for a long time now, and im just desperate for them to do well! Hopefully success is not too far off?

Promotion is profit or did you mean profit without promotion?

Comment

Working...
    X