Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellicori

Has he signed or still on trial?

Sure he was the player all alone on the bench the other night in kit but sat cross armed and looking very fed up!

Perhaps he was not allowed to play that night but seemed totally alone when all the others went to warm down.

Reason given, was that he had just joined up with the squad. Expect him to play some part today. Only watched him in training, and he did not look out of place. Scored a nice bicycle kick and beat a few to headers in the box including Gorkss. Early impression More of a goal poacher in the mode of a Tony Cottee.

Signs this week
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

q block pete

q block pete if he can beat gorrks to headers he must be class sign him up he sounds a bit like a mick harford type charactor

Comment

From Tony Cottee to Mick Harford

Well they say football is all about different opinions but I dont think you could pick two more different players

Comment

Well, Tony Cottee didn't outjump many, as I remember.
          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
            Well, Tony Cottee didn't outjump many, as I remember.
            That's because he is a dwarf :bad_smile:
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

He is not very tall, but definitely beat him to one or two. Next 4 games after this one, fans who see him can make judgements. Instant impression before I saw him play, was a foreign journeyman like everyone else, but think he will do well.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I like everyone well most obv want him to do well, i assume he will play against Oxford and wycombe, so i will begin to hopefully see him then.

Although all that really matters to me is 3pm 8th August. From there on in is the time when he can really prove his worth.
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I dont get this signing! does the new management team really think losing our leading goalscorer with a good championship pedigree to a rival club, and replacing him with a unknown Italien from a relegated serie B team is a good move?:cry:

We must have learnt nothing and Flavio still deciding transfers.

Ok Blackstock might want to leave but whats wrong with Lita/Beckford/Mclean/Mackail-smith/Lambert/Tommy Smith already missed out on Cox

We need a proven British striker not a Italien that will spend move time on the deck, up against harden championship defenders like Chris Morgan will eat this guy for breakfast.

And before people say you havent seen him play give him a chance (I Will) but i bet i aint wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by leewads View Post
                    I dont get this signing! does the new management team really think losing our leading goalscorer with a good championship pedigree to a rival club, and replacing him with a unknown Italien from a relegated serie B team is a good move?:cry:

We must have learnt nothing and Flavio still deciding transfers.

Ok Blackstock might want to leave but whats wrong with Lita/Beckford/Mclean/Mackail-smith/Lambert/Tommy Smith already missed out on Cox

We need a proven British striker not a Italien that will spend move time on the deck, up against harden championship defenders like Chris Morgan will eat this guy for breakfast.

And before people say you havent seen him play give him a chance (I Will) but i bet i aint wrong.
                    FYI he didn't play for a relegated Serie B team - he played for Grosseto who was in the playoffs for a place in Serie A.

Get the facts right :-)

Comment

Facts, sir?

We don't want the facts! We want self-righteous indignation!
                      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Well, looks like he played for both;

Season Team Competition AP G YC RC
                        2008/2009 US Avellino Serie B 17 2 4 0
                        2008/2009 US GrossetoSerie B 19 4 0 1

Avellino apparently decided they didnt need his goals to fight their relegation battle and loaned him out.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                          Well, looks like he played for both;

Season Team Competition AP G YC RC
                          2008/2009 US Avellino Serie B 17 2 4 0
                          2008/2009 US GrossetoSerie B 19 4 0 1

Avellino apparently decided they didnt need his goals to fight their relegation battle and loaned him out.
                          Avellino were/are in dire financial trouble and needed the money for the loan and his wages off the books...

facts and rants and all that though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            Avellino were/are in dire financial trouble and needed the money for the loan and his wages off the books...

facts and rants and all that though...
                            Didnt realise you were prive to the goings on inside the boardroom at Avellino.

Forgive me for thinking 2 goals in 17 games might mean a club are happy to off load a striker.

Comment

Considering that so many posters on this forum are 100% capable of reading the mind of Flavio, Lahkshmi, Bernie, Madge AND all the players, deducing Avellino's strategies is no great leap of faith especially when there are reams of quotes in the Gazzetta supporting the above statement

Comment

Working...
                              X