Welcome development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome development

Despite all the wrist slashing by many, there iare some very welcome developments recently. We have had an experienced left back on trial, along with a sought after keeper, plus the Italian forward that we know of so far. All of these have gone under the radar and from the reports are the managers selections. Faurlin came out of the blue as well, so it looks like JM and JG are slowly putting 'their' squad together, and also bringing along our youngsters too. Magilton was not my first choice by a long way but I have got to say I like the way things are going.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

You would have adjusted if Alan Mullery was back!!!!!

Too early for an assessment really

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      You would have adjusted if Alan Mullery was back!!!!!

Too early for an assessment really
      Agree Neil
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
        Despite all the wrist slashing by many, there iare some very welcome developments recently. We have had an experienced left back on trial, along with a sought after keeper, plus the Italian forward that we know of so far. All of these have gone under the radar and from the reports are the managers selections. Faurlin came out of the blue as well, so it looks like JM and JG are slowly putting 'their' squad together, and also bringing along our youngsters too. Magilton was not my first choice by a long way but I have got to say I like the way things are going.
        PROVEN Championship pedigree is what is required. These foreign signings may work out, but invariably don't. Still struggling to see too many positives apart from Buzz, Vine and Rowly coming back...
        Last edited by davman; 16-07-2009, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
          PROVEN Championship pedigree is what is required. These foreign signings may work out, but invariably don't. Still struggling to see too many positives apart from Buzz, Vine and Rowly coming back...

My point was that we are getting in players to trial for the positions, whether British like Connoly or from abroad. We are not just sitting back and accepting that players have left and not replacing them like some seem to think. Plus they are on trial to see if the manager likes them, not thrust on him like others suggest. JM and JG appear to be in charge of team affairs with them actively looking for players to suit their style
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

I agree with Kingo. For a couple of seasons now we've been demanding that the manager has total say in player purchases and the moment we get one who is looking abroad rather than home for players we moan.

As Neil says it is too early to assess BUT being too early means Magilton and Gorman have ample time to make decisions. We are still weeks away from the beginning of the season and a month and half a way until the window closes. Players who are not tied to another club can join us at any time and therefore rather than making snap judgements we can assess a players' quality fully.

Comment

Well you can't really judge on one game but certainly Pete's suggestion was Faulin looked really good. Against that he noted this "exerienced left back" actually "looked no better than Borrowdale". Italian striker might prove to be brilliant, but his scoring record gives little indication of that. Its certainly not wrist slashing time but its also a long way from champagne popping time.

Comment

but

but dont forget if magilton starts of badley i shall lauch a massive campaign and get him sacked like i did paulo loser

we dont tollerate muppetts on this message board

Comment

!!!

Dex - have you ever tried your hand at stand up?

Comment

Working...
                  X