Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone fancy going halves on a ST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless it is a picture card, if someone has a ticket they are not using, surely they are free to give it to someone else for the match. The club isn't really losing out
    because it has already sold that seat and wont have a printed seat ticket available to sell on the day.

It is similar to giving someone your used one-day travelcard at 7pm to someone to use until midnight. Although not advised by TfL, there is nothing they can do about it, unless they can prove the recipient didn't buy it the ticket.

Comment

No money is involved so its a fair thing IMHO. If someone was flogging it that would be immoral. Better soemone in a seat rather than an empty one methinks
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        Its just an idea, we go 50/50 on the price and take turns going to the game. We could toss a coin and the lucky one gets the extra game. Anyone up for it?

I suggested something like this back in April.

I don't think the club would advise or agree to this, so it would have to be done on the basis of trust between you and A.N.Other.

It could lead to problems over agreeing which games to watch. Perhaps it could be every other game, or work around availability dates.

In my case, I can't see any games in September and possibly Xmas time or bank holidays and some midweek games.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          . If someone was flogging it that would be immoral.
          Scott, I see what you mean, but the club wont have a ticket for the seat, as this has already been sold. They can't sell it twice, so much better if it is used by a QPR fan than stay empty for the game.

I would certainly be interested in the seat for some of the games, for money or a pint, pie and mars bar etc.

Comment

Technically, it's illegal. Even if not sold for a higher price - the unauthorised transfer of season tickets and match tickets is a breach of Public Order (Football) Act. Some clubs crack down on it, others don't.

Course the club is losing money. If you've already paid for your st and don't attend, the club still has the cash anyway. If you then give that ticket to another supporter, you're depriving the club money they could have made on another potential ticket sale.

Comment

It's not illegal whatsoever

Viagogo ??
              Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                Technically, it's illegal. Even if not sold for a higher price - the unauthorised transfer of season tickets and match tickets is a breach of Public Order (Football) Act. Some clubs crack down on it, others don't.

Course the club is losing money. If you've already paid for your st and don't attend, the club still has the cash anyway. If you then give that ticket to another supporter, you're depriving the club money they could have made on another potential ticket sale.

But surely they don't have that ticket to sell because seat No.1 in Block A has been sold as a ST.

What if I have the ST for that seat and at 7.15 call a friend because I wont be able to go and give him the ticket, how could the club have sold my seat to someone else and why should they be even be able to sell the same seat twice? They have sold the ticket and therefore are not losing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                  It's not illegal whatsoever

Viagogo ??
                  Fraid it is illegal and the legislation is in widespread use in football.

Viagogo and other ticket exchanges are done with full authority of the club - completely different. Some call it legalised touting.........others call it the secondary ticket market.

Must emphasise that this is only technically illegal for football matches. Perfectly legal for rugby, concerts etc.......

Just another rule that HM Government decided to discriminate against football supporters with in the wake of the Taylor report.
                  Last edited by Nodge70; 16-07-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    But surely they don't have that ticket to sell because seat No.1 in Block A has been sold as a ST.

What if I have the ST for that seat and at 7.15 call a friend because I wont be able to go and give him the ticket, how could the club have sold my seat to someone else and why should they be even be able to sell the same seat twice? They have sold the ticket and therefore are not losing anything.
                    Of course they are potentially losing.

The club can't sell your seat (unless on an ST exchange like viagogo where you get money back for it) as you've paid for it. But you're then potentially depriving the club of further revenue by passing that ticket free of charge to another supporter who may have purchased a ticket for the game.

Simples.

Comment

Working...
                    X