Warnock; show some respect please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock; show some respect please!!

Evening lads, ok I don't know if this has been brought up before but,I'm really surprised,bewildered, and pretty p***ed off with QPR fans referring to OUR manager as Colin W***er.Now I realize people do have nicknames,and some are quite funny, and the recipient of the nickname can also find them funny.
    But I think I'm right in saying that this is not the case in this instance.
    One person I've heard use this name is Gary Megson,on TV.Now he didn't use it as a joke because him and NW don't get on at all.So, ok I can live with that, he's someone that doesn't like him,as is the case of the numerous fan's sites of other teams,that also don't like him fair enough.
    But this is a man that has done as much as any of our of our great managers if not more.He came into the job after the transfer window was shut, and so could not add anyone to a team hurtling towards Div 1,and kept us up,with players that couldn't give a s**t.
    The following season added 10 players,spent very little,and took us to the title.
    The first piece of silverware since The Div 2 title 28 years before,and the one we missed out on in 75/76.
    Now he has managed to attract players of the calibre we could only have dreamt about signing.I have met him and shook his hand,and I think anyone else who has will say the same,that he is a genuinely nice man,and always makes time for a word with fans.
    Now I know not everyone has to like him, but for god's sake surely it's not too much to ask to show him the respect he deserves. Is it?

Are you sure you're not Palace Dave?
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahah
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Am I over-reacting then?

Comment

I agree mate, good post.
          In fact any QPR fan who calls him COLIN is a bit of ####a themselves.

Comment

Thanks Jon, I can understand if a manager, say Paul Hart is known as Phart by our fans, because he was a disaster for us.

Comment

Man up its a joke.

Comment

Go away.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Well said that man...

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Evening lads, ok I don't know if this has been brought up before but,I'm really surprised,bewildered, and pretty p***ed off with QPR fans referring to OUR manager as Colin W***er.Now I realize people do have nicknames,and some are quite funny, and the recipient of the nickname can also find them funny.
                  But I think I'm right in saying that this is not the case in this instance.
                  One person I've heard use this name is Gary Megson,on TV.Now he didn't use it as a joke because him and NW don't get on at all.So, ok I can live with that, he's someone that doesn't like him,as is the case of the numerous fan's sites of other teams,that also don't like him fair enough.
                  But this is a man that has done as much as any of our of our great managers if not more.He came into the job after the transfer window was shut, and so could not add anyone to a team hurtling towards Div 1,and kept us up,with players that couldn't give a s**t.
                  The following season added 10 players,spent very little,and took us to the title.
                  The first piece of silverware since The Div 2 title 28 years before,and the one we missed out on in 75/76.
                  Now he has managed to attract players of the calibre we could only have dreamt about signing.I have met him and shook his hand,and I think anyone else who has will say the same,that he is a genuinely nice man,and always makes time for a word with fans.
                  Now I know not everyone has to like him, but for god's sake surely it's not too much to ask to show him the respect he deserves. Is it?
                  I remember posting something similar not long after he joined and am quite astonished that anyone would refer to him by this derogatory nickname that he obviously doesn't like... crikey how many on here who are saying man up and its only a joke would be cool with a similar nickname huh...

Comment

Hated the bloke before he became our manager and called him a few names that were a lot worse than "colin" :-)...

Comment

I really cannot belive this thread, its laughable. Do you think he gives a toss about being called anything????? He has 2000 away fans calling him every name under the sun most home games. Some real sensitive little souls on here..

Bring up some decent topics to discuss, or alternatively post on this side... www.wearetherangersgirls.com cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                        I really cannot belive this thread, its laughable. Do you think he gives a toss about being called anything????? He has 2000 away fans calling him every name under the sun most home games. Some real sensitive little souls on here..

Bring up some decent topics to discuss, or alternatively post on this side... www.wearetherangersgirls.com cheers
                        Mellow thats away fans though! If you're really comfortable with this name would you walk up to him and say "Hi Colin any chance you can sign me shirt"?

Comment

do you know what dave i think i would... im sure he would get over it..

Comment

Good point but...

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            Mellow thats away fans though! If you're really comfortable with this name would you walk up to him and say "Hi Colin any chance you can sign me shirt"?
                            I fear that there are always those who will never see your perspective....

Comment

Ok Mellow, just think it's strange, we as fans are happy to play along with Gary Megson amongst others, in calling our most successful manager since Terry Venables a W***er.
                              Anyway I'll leave it, I honestly thought more would agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X