Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not the bad guy! Reformed Barton relishing fresh start at QPR

Good read...

Joey Barton admits he is loving life in the capital following his summer switch from Newcastle to Queens Park Rangers.
    But the 29-year-old, who has been dogged by controversy both on and off the pitch, insists he has no interest in the bright lights as he prefers to jump on the bus and visit art galleries in London.

And Barton, whose long-term girlfriend, Georgia McNeil, is expecting their first child, is keen to banish his bad boy reputation.
    'I like to jump on the tube but I haven’t got an Oyster card yet,' he told the London Evening Standard.
    'I’m not a big fan of driving so once I get the internet set up at my new place I’ll order my Oyster card and get going properly on the buses and the underground.

'I’m not attracted by the bright lights of the city but there are things in this place I want to do to broaden my horizons. I was in Soho the other day and there’s loads of characters around there. I like people-watching and was able to look at everyone and think "maybe I’m not as peculiar as I once was".
    'At the moment it feels great to be here. There’s a lot more to see and do in London and that appeals to me. But don’t get me wrong, I also like to sit in on a Saturday night watching X-Factor and Match of the Day. But I have an amazing opportunity at QPR to live in a great city and start a family here. Life’s good.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1ZAWPW6hU

His agents/advisors has done well creating this new "arty farty" persona for Joey

So long as he performs on the pitch is all that matters to me !
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
    X