Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts

Most has been discussed already but just a few points:

1. Think we're playing well and the goals will come soon. Couldn't be happier with what Neil, Amit & Tony have achieved in a short space of time. We have a first 11 that can compete at this level which is great. Still think the squad as a whole needs strenthening but I certainly am not complaining! The players that have come in have gelled quickly and will no doubt improve as their understanding of each other gets better. Barton will be an inspirational leader.

2. I like the midfield balance which is giving our defence a lot of protection. Derry was immense first half against Villa but perhaps looked a little tired second half? Faurlin has been a revelation.

3. We look better at the back than we have done for years. Ferdinand and Young have made a real difference. Traore looks like an excellent signing. Perhaps a little to learn defensively but a great attacking full back. Thought Warnock's reaction was harsh and even if he's going to say that it should have been done in private. He's young, he's learning and although it was a slightly reckless challenge it wasn't malicious and was just a silly mistake. I put it down to being over-eager.

4. First half against Newcastle and Villa SWP was getting into space and running at defenders. In both second halves he seemed to come more central and had less of an effect. I think he needs to get at defenders more. A few poor touches and passes let him down but once he gets back to full 'sharpness' he'll be fantastic for us.

5. Bothroyd excellent at holding up the ball and linking play. Strong and good in the air - I like what I see. Seems a little bit lethargic though and would like to see a bit more urgency to make the runs and get in the box when players around him have the ball. Also need to get SWP & Taarabt running off him. DJ Campbell looks very eager to make an impression and would like to see him given some proper game time at some point.

6. Taarabt coming into his own and seems much more of a team-player this year. Would like to see him take defenders on and get into the box more.

7. We need to sort the attacking set-pieces out.

8. We are going to have plenty of disappointments this year. We'll lose games we think we should win but let's not get at the team. First year in the Premiership is always difficult and they need to find their feet. We're playing some good football and will give most teams a good game. Let's be pleased with what's happened so far under the new leadership, get behind the side and enjoy it.

Agree with all that, mate.

Comment

If Neil retires you should take over!

Comment

Great post mate and I think most posters on here agree with a vast majority, if not all, of that
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post

1. Think we're playing well and the goals will come soon. Couldn't be happier with what Neil, Amit & Tony have achieved in a short space of time. We have a first 11 that can compete at this level which is great. Still think the squad as a whole needs strenthening but I certainly am not complaining! The players that have come in have gelled quickly and will no doubt improve as their understanding of each other gets better. Barton will be an inspirational leader.

2. I like the midfield balance which is giving our defence a lot of protection. Derry was immense first half against Villa but perhaps looked a little tired second half? Faurlin has been a revelation.

3. We look better at the back than we have done for years. Ferdinand and Young have made a real difference. Traore looks like an excellent signing. Perhaps a little to learn defensively but a great attacking full back. Thought Warnock's reaction was harsh and even if he's going to say that it should have been done in private. He's young, he's learning and although it was a slightly reckless challenge it wasn't malicious and was just a silly mistake. I put it down to being over-eager.

4. First half against Newcastle and Villa SWP was getting into space and running at defenders. In both second halves he seemed to come more central and had less of an effect. I think he needs to get at defenders more. A few poor touches and passes let him down but once he gets back to full 'sharpness' he'll be fantastic for us.

5. Bothroyd excellent at holding up the ball and linking play. Strong and good in the air - I like what I see. Seems a little bit lethargic though and would like to see a bit more urgency to make the runs and get in the box when players around him have the ball. Also need to get SWP & Taarabt running off him. DJ Campbell looks very eager to make an impression and would like to see him given some proper game time at some point.

6. Taarabt coming into his own and seems much more of a team-player this year. Would like to see him take defenders on and get into the box more.

8. We are going to have plenty of disappointments this year. We'll lose games we think we should win but let's not get at the team. First year in the Premiership is always difficult and they need to find their feet. We're playing some good football and will give most teams a good game. Let's be pleased with what's happened so far under the new leadership, get behind the side and enjoy it.
          agree with everything except the bold bit. traore was an idiot for making that challenge while on a yellow and needed to be told. but yeah, brilliant player so far.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

but let's not get at the team
            I'd say there's very little chance of that. Anyone half-sensible will be reasonably pleased with the current state of things.
            WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

1. agree , but its almost a new squad from last year, only 4/5 players are kept.
              2. derry good bu due to age he cant enchain games for full 90 min, faurlin is young and his stamina which help him at the moment.
              3. untill now agree, but wait untill we see how they do against big guns.
              4. SWP was always like that dnt expect he will excel in every game.
              5. disagree, just watching the game for 3rd time, bothy doesnt even jump to win a header! his link up is bit slow and more useless touches mainly when 3 or 4 teamates just near him .. I think campell will start soon
              6. Agree, taarabt became more team player but I just wish sometime too he runs at defenders like last year.. maybe he doesnt want to upset pther if he lost the ball.
              7. agree, but I think it should be 2 players who should take the freekicks, adel from the left side and faurlin from the right side.
              8. Agree !! but we have just to enjoy it .. everything will be fine.

Comment

good post m8

Comment

Agree we definitely need to improve our free-kicks. Had loads in excellent positions on the edge of the area which were squandered. Shame we cant bring Buzz on just to take them.

Comment

Working...
                  X