Ray Wilkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Wilkins

Whats your views on Mr Wilkins comments from yesterday?

Sky 'bigged' him up as our ex-player/captain/manager with over 217 appearances for the club. Wasn't it he who sold Ferdinand and squandered the money which then ultimately got us relegated?

Interesting that he 100% agreed with Warnock's post match interviews!
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post

Sky 'bigged' him up as our ex-player/captain/manager with over 217 appearances for the club. Wasn't it he who sold Ferdinand and squandered the money which then ultimately got us relegated?

Too young to be commenting on his time as gaffer, but his comments yesterday I really liked. Totally agreed with NWs comments and especially about the way Traore should have stayed on the side and supported the boys til the final whistle, I agreed with everything he said.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post

As if Wilkins wanted to sell Les!......he had no choice we were always a selling club(not anymore),but butch did bring in some dodgy signings,Hatley and Zelic

Comment

Still have affection for him as a tremendous player for us. Selling Ferdinand think was out of his control but his buys were shocking, particularly the Hateley one which smacked of giving an old crocked mate a last pay day. If he'd signed a decent striker for that money might have been a different story. Relegation v nearly finished us off and its taken all these years to get back. I hope Wilkins does sometimes reflect on what he did. We, though, should probably move on after all these years...

Comment

Top player for us, one of the top drawer players that have ply-ed there trade with us, put him right up there with Bolwes and Marsh, was so influential in that midfield and a joy to watch him pass a football.

Comment

Anybody else think he's ever so gently easing himself into the frame to be Sir Neil's successor?
            Thought not.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Too young to be commenting on his time as gaffer, but his comments yesterday I really liked. Totally agreed with NWs comments and especially about the way Traore should have stayed on the side and supported the boys til the final whistle, I agreed with everything he said.
              Matty I think that was the problem with Ray - if they handed out trophies for post match interviews we would have won the league, but the sensible comments to camera didn't always seem to translate into the running of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                Matty I think that was the problem with Ray - if they handed out trophies for post match interviews we would have won the league, but the sensible comments to camera didn't always seem to translate into the running of the club.
                Oh really, fair play sounds like he talks a good game but couldnt quite implement the same level of "quality" onto the pitch where it matters?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Oh really, fair play sounds like he talks a good game but couldnt quite implement the same level of "quality" onto the pitch where it matters?
                  Seems so. Clearly knows a massive amount about the game and has been very influential as a coach for Chelsea but its instructive that nobody has come in for him to make him a manager again even when he's been out of work.

Comment

Good player, not so good manager

Comment

He was great for us when he played for us. Wasnt his fault that Les had to leave, Great player great coach but to nice to be a manager.

Comment

Wilkins one of the main culpritts for putting club into downward spiral, wasting money on Zelich Hateley Wouldn't play Osbourne because it meant he would have to leave himself out? Sorry I dont have much affection for him, plus he considers himself a Chelsea boy which he is, even Man u fans don't hold him in that high esteem

Comment

Top man in my opinion. To put the blame soley on him for our relegation and subsequent demise is ridiculous, so many things went wrong and like many I don't think he had a say in Sir Les being sold. Also lets not forget how many shocking players have come in over the past few years under various managers/owners, so its not just Ray that's got a tendency for a bum signing.

Always has a good word to say about QPR and seems like a genuinely nice guy, shame about his time at the skum though.

Comment

Not saying he was soley to blame but wasted the money given to him from the sale of Les £6M lets be fair we didn't buy Hately because of his abilty he came because they were muckers at Rangers £1.5M down the pan

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Not saying he was soley to blame but wasted the money given to him from the sale of Les £6M lets be fair we didn't buy Hately because of his abilty he came because they were muckers at Rangers £1.5M down the pan
                              Fair point, he had a shocker with Hately

Comment

Working...
                              X