Blackstock happy to remain at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstock happy to remain at QPR

Queens Park Rangers striker Dexter Blackstock is happy to remain at the club this season.

More...

I say bollo.../snip/.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

With the Siera C Italian striker the only attacking player we have been linked with SO FAR then IF that remains the same it is vital Dexter stays.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        With the Siera C Italian striker the only attacking player we have been linked with SO FAR then IF that remains the same it is vital Dexter stays.
        My sentiments exactly, if we're no longer going to bring a quality striker in, it is vital Dex stays. I have never wanted him to leave anyway whether other strikers came in or not.
        Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Well lets hope he proves the doubters wrong.

If he plays though it will have to be as part of a front two. Which leaves the problem of where to play Buzz since he cannot be allowed a free role in a 442 setup.

Comment

i have to agree. If im honest, i think we need a better player than Dex - but if its the choice of him and an unknown Italian leading the lineup, id prefer to stick with Dex. Still very dissapointed we cant get a better player, someone we can get exicted about, and help bring the fans back

Comment

I still can't believe the knockers for Dex. He scores goals and had plenty last season until dropped, and if he'd played all season would have got 20... something everyone on here who knocks him insists we need from a striker... WTF!

Yes he may have some limitations to his game, but you show me a CCC player who doesn't? At the end of the day, his remit is to score and he was achieving that, and his workrate and ethic cannot be faulted. Add to that the creativity we'll have this year with Buz and Vine back in the mix then he will get better service also .Plus MAgilton may identify ways to maximise his potential with the players we have and it could all be rosey..... But let's wait and see.

Comment

Indeed, the board created some excitement with the fraulin thing but it is starting to look that this was a one off and massively hyped deal rather than the statement of intent we all hoped it was. Early days of course and we cd still be pleasantly surprsied...

Comment

Hope he stays we will need a decent squad next year if we are to make a sustained challenge.
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Like I say many times...Dex isn't our most gifted player but he's clearly our best goal scorer being that (apart from the real bad season where he only came to life at the back end) he's been our top scorer either side of that with the latest season halted by injuries and a lack of starts where over two clubs, he STILL managed to bag 14 goals. His assist talley over the 3 seasons has been pretty useful too if I'm right in saying so?

Unless we sign two goals scoring strikers, letting Dex go is a bad mistake and one we'll notice for sure.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Oh great he is staying.
                      I'll be able to have my 1st decent nights sleep.
                      Also I might get a new bed with all this money i'll save by avoiding LR or should that be LORS loads of rubbish strikers!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I am glad he is happy he is staying, as I am not and he will walk away at the end of the season for nothing.

Comment

if you read the piece it never actually says he is "happy" to stay tho - he simply says that for as long as he is at rangers he will just crack on playing - you would hardly expect him to say anything else.

Comment

Letting Blackstock go without signing a good replacement would be a huge mistake.

However, signing Ched Evans, who is surely surplus at City, and selling Blackstock before he walks for free, would be a good bit of business.

But as it seems clear now, that apart from the overhyped Faurlin deal, QPR have no intention to spend serious money on a promotion challenge, so I don't expect a decent striker will be bought in if Blackstock goes.

Comment

The intention may have been to sell Blackstock in order to part fund a replacement, however if no buyers come in for him what is the club supposed to do.

We were never going to get 2mil for him as he clearly isnt worth that

Comment

Working...
                              X