Bothroyd or Campbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothroyd or Campbell

Who do you fancy to start against Villa? Personally, I prefer both to start as Bothroyd is good in holding the ball and DJ is a proven goalscoerer and has pace. Don't know If NW has a plan to play both at the same time as it did not work out against Bolton. With the current new-look squad, I think he can get back to play both at least in home games.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Bothroyd will start as his last two performances have totally warranted that.

For goals we need DJ all day long but Bothroyd's hold up play, strength & ability to bring people into play is a massive plus for the style that we play.

DJ knows the score & knows his time will come.

Same team to start against Villa depending on Gabbidon's injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Bothroyd will start as his last performances have totally warranted that.

For goals we need DJ all day long but Bothroyds hold up play, strength & ability to bring people into play is a massive plus for the style that we play.

DJ knows the score & knows his time will come.

Same team to start against Villa depending on Gabbidon's injury.
      Every word.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No point sacrificing the formation that's worked so well for us. Bothroyd's played very well holding the ball up and deserves to keep his place.

Comment

As it stands - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Let betty take the wind out of their defenders for the first 70 min - then bring dj on for the last half hour to inject some pace and natural goal scoring availability.

Comment

he won't start with them both, though he may finish with them both. Hopefully it won't come to that as we will be 2-0 up by 70 minutes.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

DJ cant play the Bothroyd role. The only backup we have for Bothroyd is Helguson and I dunno if he is fit or not. Perhaps at a push Tommy Smith could play the role though he is probably too small.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                As it stands - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Let betty take the wind out of their defenders for the first 70 min - then bring dj on for the last half hour to inject some pace and natural goal scoring availability.
                Didn't realise we played 100 minutes in the prem, We are better than i thought and a lot fitter
                God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by pc1401 View Post
                  Didn't realise we played 100 minutes in the prem, We are better than i thought and a lot fitter
                  Yep. That was a right royal maths brainfart!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                    No point sacrificing the formation that's worked so well for us. Bothroyd's played very well holding the ball up and deserves to keep his place.
                    Exactly this. To play them both needs a switch to 4 4 2 which is a bit limited with our midfield options.

The system works so well because of the pace and movement and also depends on the top man winning and holding the ball just as Bothroyd has done with great skill.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Bothroyd

Villa are a physical team, and we'll need his presence
                      A blog of my first season ticket, and QPR's return to the Premiership after 15 years

Where Were You When We Were S4!T?

Comment

only time we consider dropping bothroyd is when he doesn't hold the ball up or misses golden chances.. otherwise he is doing his job. brings in swp, tarbs so well.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

This is a hard decision for Warnock, there is no way we start both of them unless we picked up an injury.

I want to see DJ get more minutes, I think he could wreak havoc with the players around him. I accept that Bothroyd should probably start though as he has done a good job so far.

Comment

DJ can always come on for Adel later in the game... can support Bothroyd directly from the attacking midfield or we can switch to a 4-4-2.

Saying that though, Warnock has never deviated from the formation even on the rare times we've struggled.

Comment

Warnock will Never change a winning team and don't change it unless it's broken therefore bothroyd will start

Comment

Working...
                              X